ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

LBC Access Violation when selecting node that opens PDF

(1/3) > >>

leaves:
Hello reader,

I'm experiencing an error, see attached screenshot, that happens whenever I click on a node that is configured to open a PDF file. This happens only in Configure and Preferences window. In the launch window menu items that link to PDFs open perfectly.
The error prevents any new menu items pointing to PDFs from being created or edited, either by drag-drop or manually.
LBC used to work perfectly, hence in the screenshot you can see PDF menu items have been setup without errors. I do not remember the first time this error occured but it's been there for at least one year.

My PDF reader is the latest FoxitReader. OS is Windows 7 pro, x64.
I have exactly the same issue with a clean Windows 10 pro x64 installation.

Would really appreciate your help on this.

leaves:
I'm just wondering should I raise this as a bug with LBC or can anyone assist in pointing the direction to resolving this access violation.

Thanks.

mouser:
Sorry, somehow I missed this original post.
I can add a pdf node and click on it in configuration dialog without error.

Which makes me wonder if it's something about the pdf file or the configuration in LBC that is making it confused.  Still makes it an LBC fault but I need more clues to try to figure out the nature of the problem.

If you drop a new different pdf file (one made a different way ideally), onto the config, does it have the same problem?

In your photo the command path looks like its not set -- I wonder if that's a clue.

If you can figure out any more clues as to when this problem happens let me know.

leaves:
Thanks for your reply.

In your photo the command path looks like its not set -- I wonder if that's a clue.
--- End quote ---
Can't be sure but it may be blank due to the access violation. Otherwise LBC presumably will not try to get access to the pdf.

Which makes me wonder if it's something about the pdf file or the configuration in LBC that is making it confused.
--- End quote ---
It happens with known good pdf's. Some time ago it came to mind there may be a configuration file issue, so I made a new bar and dragged over my nodes but no luck with that. It does look like it's more likely to be something in the configuration, the mystery is what.

If you drop a new different pdf file (one made a different way ideally), onto the config, does it have the same problem?
--- End quote ---
Yes, the access violation happens immediately on dropping.

If you can figure out any more clues as to when this problem happens let me know.
--- End quote ---
I haven't previously investigated this much in case I can't access it at all. But to get more info, I now find that the same access violation (same address) happens with other files too. All my .chm files and strangely some .bat files. The same bat file under a node I can click on but the same bat file under another node gives the error.
All exe files are fine they're settings can be viewed no problem.

Another clue, or complication, is that I now notice if a text file is dropped under any node, LBC partly freezes, the tree vertical scrollbar does not respond and after a while other access violation boxes appear at intervals - see attached screenshot. After the access violation the only remedy is kill the process as LBC will not respond to closing the config window.

Note all the above only happens in the config. window and that without the config window open the bar opens all files without issue. For me now though I need to update the bar with different links so somehow I have to get it resolved your help is being much appreciated.

mouser:
And you're using the latest version of LBC?

Can you try this: download the portable version and unpack it somewhere and run it (exit your normal LBC); that will give you a new file.
Try dropping adding the pdfs to that new bar.  Let's see if it happens right from the start.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version