ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Error sending mail

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
Shades guess of outlook not being registered as the default mail client might be a good guess as to why the "Default mail client" option might not be working.

If you use the 64-bit version of ScreenShot Captor
--- End quote ---
SC only exists as a 32-bit version.

The reason the last option method you are trying to use of "Use a 3rd party commandline email program" might be that SC doesn't by default install sendEmail.exe
You'll find instructions on how to download it and where to put it in your ScreenshotCaptor\Tools\sendEmail\ directory
(the readme tells you to download from http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/ and then put it in that directory).

I'm not sure why the direct SMTP wouldn't be working, though i know sometimes smtp configurations can be tricky getting the port right, etc.

goldfinch69:
Thanks all,

I fixed it.   It was Kaspersky's fault.   I have a love hate relationship with that program.

However, I made all the other changes you suggested as well, so there might have been multiple problems.

mouser:
 :Thmbsup:

This isn't the first time a security program has caused INVISIBLE problems with screenshot captor.  Sometimes they block screen grabbing as well.

The problem with these security programs is not when they block things, it's when they do so WITHOUT WARNING you about what they are doing, so you can't figure out why something is not working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version