ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > DonationCoder.com Newsletters

Mini Newsletter for Mar 24, 2020 - Coronavirus Lockdown

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Mini Newsletter for Mar 24, 2020"Codename: Coronavirus Lockdown"

1. Newsletter Editorial

Greetings all.  As you know, the entire planet is currently dealing with a serious crisis -- a worldwide virus pandemic that is overloading hospitals and causing severe damage to entire economies.

I'm writing to you from Champaign, Illinois, in the United States, which has only just begun to see cases reported.  We are under a state-wide stay-at-home order, with more of the country expected to follow suit soon.  Many other countries are further along in the trajectory of infection and are struggling to figure out how to handle it.

I have been finding it hard lately to focused on being positive and productive.  I find myself feeling overloaded and anxious.  I don't know if any of you are having the same problem.

I do know that in times like these, there is some value in being able to share our thoughts, encourage each other, and maintain some sense of normality and community.

With that goal in mind, I thought I would send out a short newsletter sooner rather than later.

For the overwhelming majority of you, this email/newsletter will be of no interest to you, and you can safely stop reading now; we're not asking for any money, nor do we have any money to give out.

However, for any of you who have a little room in your life right now, who would benefit from some positive distraction, I'd like to invite you to make yourself at home on our forum and share a bit of your life with us.  We are a friendly bunch.

-jesse (mouser)
 Champaign, IL, USA

2. Mouser's Software Updates and Discussions

I've released a couple of very minor updates to my software since the last newsletter in January, plus a MAJOR alpha-version update to one of them, and a new small Android app.

* Clipboard Help+Spell Alpha Major Update with Extended Format Support
* Screenshot Captor v4.38 beta
* Find and Run Robot v2.250 beta
* Android App: Crave Negotiator
* Android intermittent fasting apps
* Amazon Pay has decided to block donationcoder payments

3. Feel Good Favorites

I thought this would be a good occasion to highlight some of the longest running, feel good threads on our forum, and invite you to post in them.

* Share your tips and comforts for dealing with the stress and fear of a pandemic
* Share your 2019 Top Ten Lists! - My Top 10 Board Games of 2019
* Animal Friends Thread -- 16 pages of heart warming tales
* Funny Animal Videos Thread -- 4 pages of fun
* Show us the View Outside Your Window 
* Show us a photo of your mutt or other creatures
* Gadget Weekends
* Let's get to know each other... who are you, what do you do, where from? 
* Some useful but less-known software. share your list

4. Other recent threads on our forum

Just a few recent threads on our forum.

* Long article on Microsoft's abandoned Trident (Internet Explorer) web engine
* A Rogue Goose...for your Desktop....
* What was a great program that's now been forgotten?
* Free learning resources for you and your kids during the pandemic.
* Do good mice still exist? Looking for recommendations.
* Roller Coaster planet of horrors
* NANY 2020 Mug-shots

MargotLinda:
Thank you so much for the "Feel Good Favorites"! As a 75 year old being medically compromised, I am self quarantined with all those negative and depressing OVID-19 reports. It is so nice to have some pleasant distractions, if even for a short time. I am not a computer designer or professional, but am reasonably comfortable with my computer and learning more all the time. This computer has helped with being isolated for the past two weeks and will continue into the foreseeable future. Thanks for the smiles and uplifting!
Margot

tomos:
^ a big plus one to that. Thanks Margot

Midnight Rambler:
Can't recall the last time this newsletter was published.  Maybe alerts were sent to spam.

wraith808:
Last one was in January.  You can see all of the newsletters by going to https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?board=63.0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version