ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Share your tips and comforts for dealing with the stress and fear of a pandemic

<< < (7/15) > >>

IainB:
Cross-posted here for us to see how the other half might have to live under our new extreme circumstances - oh, and for entertainment:  :o
@mouser:
With the entire world is quarantined indoors, and it feeling very scary outside, at least we have our virtual homes and families!  :Thmbsup:
-mouser (March 18, 2020, 04:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I dunno about that. It's pretty scary in MY home. My wife just shouted at me, apropos of nothing in particular: "What the heck are you sitting playing ruddy Fallout 4 for!? You've been playing it for 4 straight hours now! Why don't you get off your fat ugly backside and do something useful instead of wasting your time!" (To a chorus of "Yeah, Dad!" from my two kids. They just want me to get off the laptop so as they can use it. I've been hogging it all morning.)
So I went out for a walk in the deserted streets, crossing the road if I saw a human or a dog or a bat approaching.
It's a lovely day. Early autumn. Deciduous trees starting to come into their glorious reddish-brown shades on the tree-lined avenue where I live, just next door to the local abattoir - which is thankfully silent now.
-IainB (March 19, 2020, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

panzer:
AirConsole Is Giving Everyone Free Access to All (150+ games) of Their Video Games During Covid-19 Lockdowns:
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/airconsole-is-giving-everyone-free-access-to-all-of-their-video-games-during-covid-19-lockdowns-301025571.html

All of them are multiplayer games, so you and your friends can de-stress (or stress some more?).

IainB:
@panzer:
Many thanks for the games link (above).   :Thmbsup:
It's going to be war in our house in lockdown now - 3 kids (me and my 2 kids) all competing for use of the same laptop, so as to play games.

wraith808:
@panzer:
Many thanks for the games link (above).   :Thmbsup:
It's going to be war in our house in lockdown now - 3 kids (me and my 2 kids) all competing for use of the same laptop, so as to play games.
-IainB (March 23, 2020, 03:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Target:
this was posted on Kottke.org yesterday.  not sure if its helpful or not, but it resonated with me...

Some People

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version