ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

CHS not capturing URLs in Chrome browser

<< < (3/5) > >>

m9833:
Do you mean that you are right-clicking on a clip and then choosing to paste using the template (can you try that and see if it works?)
-mouser (March 17, 2020, 02:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Mouser,

This is exactly what I am doing. choosing a clip by right clicking and then pasting it using the template.

Regards,

m

m9833:
Hi Mouser,

I re-downloaded the Alpha version some 5 minutes back and tried quick pasting again. It seems to  be working.

Will give it a try tomorrow on this and another PC and post back the results. Thanks for following through so quickly and tenaciously.

Regards,

m

mouser:
I'm guessing your problem may only show up when a clip has multiple formats (unicode, etc.); so keep experimenting; it's very likely the problem is still there and just needs the right combination of factors -- when you figure it out let me know so I can fix it.

m9833:
Hi Mouser,

After trying the alpha version on two identical windows 10 PCs I can confirm that every one of the following variables returned a valid value, except %ActiveWindowBrowserUrl%. The URL is however perfectly accessible via %Notes.withprefix%:

====================
%datetime%
%WindowTitle%
%Application%
%Notes.withprefix%
%ActiveWindowBrowserUrl%

%clip%
====================

I also did not find %ActiveWindowBrowserUrl% mentioned as an available variable in the quick paste options window. So probably, I have been trying somethings, which is anyhow not possible. :-)

mouser:
Ah I think I understand the problem.

In the database, as you have noticed, the url is store in the Notes/Decription field.
The %ActiveWindowBrowserUrl% variable is actually being cleared I think when you go to paste into a new app.

So I think the solution is just to use the Notes field, no?

EDIT:

So I guess maybe what you're saying is in the template I need to remove the %ActiveWindowUrl% field and make clear to use %Notes% for the url in web captures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version