ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Need help: CHS database is broken.

(1/2) > >>

chashnniel:
I use CHS portable version. Today I download CHS from here, and I overwrite it to the latest version 2.46.01

I launch the new version 2.49. Everything is fine at first, then it shows me pop-up errors. All of the clips are gone and all the right click menu is broken(555.jpg)... I can't open "Option and Preference" page, so I can't even export my database.
I also tried to go back to the previous version(re-overwrite it with 2.46.01), but it also shows me the same errors.

What should I do to get my database/clips back??

mouser:
I'm sorry this happened -- I don't know why it has, the new version should be able to run on the old database fine, but with all the recent changes I may have broken something.  Probably an easy fix.

BUT

First thing first, exist CHS (terminate if need be), and then go find your CHS Database directory, and zip it up so you have a backup of it.
Then do the same with your CHS Backups directory.
These should both be under your documents/DonationCoder/ClipboardHelpAndSpell directories.

CHS is pretty good about making backups so you should see recent backups in those directories.  You need to make a zip/copy of these backups so that they are preserved safely.

Once you have that backed up I'll help figure out whats going on.

chashnniel:
thx for the quick reply.

I have zipped and backup these two folders

DO YOU Mean...
Redownload and unzip CHS to any new folder then unzip database and backup to the CHS folder???
---add: I tried this but I doesn't work and shows me the same errors.

PS: I'm using Portable version.

I have a Google Drive backup. ;D so if you don't wanna look into this bug, you can forget about it since I can use the backup version. If you wanna figure it out, just tell me what to do next...

mouser:
I was just saying I wanted you to make copies of the CHS backups so that you had those safe with no chance of overwriting them, before trying to fix the problem.

chashnniel:
OK, I have made a copy of CHS backup. what's next??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version