ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for audio merger Y-cable

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
Yeah, that first one wouldn't.  You're trying to combine Stereo into mono, so just reversing the cables won't work. That second one is what I've used in the past.

Deozaan:
Yeah, that first one wouldn't.  You're trying to combine Stereo into mono, so just reversing the cables won't work. That second one is what I've used in the past.
-wraith808 (March 13, 2020, 01:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you saying that the one I linked wouldn't work, but the one mouser linked will work?

And I guess if doing it mouser's way would result in audio from one source playing in one ear and audio from another source playing in the other ear, then I could just get another one of those stereo->mono converters to have both audio sources playing (in mono) in both ears.

This is starting to sound like it's going to require even more dongles and adapters than just getting a mixer. :D

mouser:
Maybe you should just buy the stereo splitter and try using it in reverse, and see what happens!

Deozaan:
Maybe you should just buy the stereo splitter and try using it in reverse, and see what happens!
-mouser (March 13, 2020, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd still need to buy a bunch of adapters and/or other cables to reverse the direction of the prongs. The splitter has 2 female ends where I need male, and 1 male where I need female.

wraith808:
Are you saying that the one I linked wouldn't work, but the one mouser linked will work?
-Deozaan (March 13, 2020, 02:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yup.  At least, In my experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version