ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Remind me of feature requests please

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
Well you can already do that for the most part in CHS, just make a virtual group and tell it to show all clips with a specific ParentId value (which designates its group), or various combinations thereof.

IainB:
@mouser:
Here's an emoji-chart of where we seem to be at present, with this list:

* 1.OCR: @mouser will "keep thinking about this".
* 2.Wiki-linking: ...difficult; a better solution would be to start over and write a proper note taking/idea program rather than try to put features in CHS that feel awkward for it.
* 3. Inheritance in Groups/Child groups tree: :tellme: Enable/disable normal folders and virtual folders to inherit sub-folders and their clips.
* 4. Cloning: [@tomos has it about right] exists, but KLUDGY - can already do that for the most part in CHS. Just make a virtual group and tell it to show all clips with a specific ParentId value (which designates its group), or various combinations thereof. Needs to be automated.
* 5. Text clips can be saved as .TXT files:  :tellme:
* 6. RTF clips can be saved as .RTF files:   :tellme:
* 7. Remove or increase the arbitrary text limit in text clips: :up: implemented in the alpha with multi-format copying.
* 8. Save full path+filename of copied or cut folders/files: :up: implemented in the alpha with multi-format copying.
* 9. Retain metadata (URLs): (better retention of metadata) :up: implemented in the alpha with multi-format copying.

spam spam bacon spam:
lol @ IainB's emoji chart...

Okay mouser...
(first, let me say that CH+S is pretty much my "most necessary" software on every one of my machines.... I mean, after the actual OS, that is...)

Off the top of my head, I have wished for:

* settings to be saved during updates
* some sort of way to see my hotkeys, without going all the way in to options (like right clicking on icon and having a submenu item that would display the hotkeys configured, in a simple box
* be able to configure the database location from the GUI, as opposed to the .ini (especially because this gets borked on updates)
* that "targeting" was spelled correctly in the "Window Watching" description under Tweaks  ;)
* that when I choose "Modify Format/Case" in the clip memo, it opens with all settings cleared.  (right now, I have a saved format called 'Clear out all settings" which I have to choose FIRST, then accept those "modifications" and close the window, only to choose Modify again, and THEN config what I want modified...)
* waking me up with fresh coffee in bed is pretty much a WIN, as well.... ROFL
~spammy

mouser:
I'm glad to hear that it's useful to you!

There's no reason that updating should mess with the settings.  Have you tried the latest alpha? I did find a problem recently that could cause problems with the updater closing the application where settings could in some cases be lost.  But the new alpha of CHS should solve that problem.

2. Interesting idea, will consider.

3. Difficult because the location of database and configuration options are governed by that option and so it needs to have a way for you to specify that BEFORE it loads the options file.

4. Noted, will be fixed in new release.

5. Maybe I can make an option that says to clear settings on opening modify format dialog.

6. I will implement that after I implement a cure to covid.

spam spam bacon spam:

6. I will implement that after I implement a cure to covid.
-mouser (April 24, 2020, 12:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not to add burden you with added work, but... can you make it portable? 
Oh!  And compatible with every flavor of *nix, and lest we forget those who make poor purchase decisions, include Apple/Mac versions as well... ROFL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version