ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Remind me of feature requests please

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
I've been working like mad on the new extended clipboard format features for CHS; now would be a good time to remind me of older feature requests I've overlooked.

IainB:
@mouser:
I've been working like mad on the new extended clipboard format features for CHS; now would be a good time to remind me of older feature requests I've overlooked.
-mouser (March 12, 2020, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Features reminder:

* OCR: Automatic OCR of images with embedded text in the image, placing the OCRed text in the Clip Text tab.
* Wiki-like Clip-linking: The ability to link clips to each other.
If there is one feature that excels above all others in information software of the past two decades that deserves its place in the note taking pantheon, its the humble double bracketed internal link.

We all recognise power to store and retrieve information at will, but when you combine this power with the ability to successfully create new knowledge trees from existing documents, to follow thoughts in a ‘stream of consciousness’ non-linear fashion then individual notes transform from multiple static word-silos into a living information system system.

Sadly, this is the one major feature that is always neglected, or is piecemeal at best… and one time note taking king Evernote is to blame."
From: If there is one feature that excels above all others in information software of the past two decades that deserves its place in the note taking pantheon, its the humble double bracketed internal link.

We all recognise power to store and retrieve information at will, but when you combine this power with the ability to successfully create new knowledge trees from existing documents, to follow thoughts in a ‘stream of consciousness’ non-linear fashion then individual notes transform from multiple static word-silos into a living information system system.

Sadly, this is the one major feature that is always neglected, or is piecemeal at best… and one time note taking king Evernote is to blame.

--- End quote ---

* Inheritance in Groups/Child groups tree: Enable/disable normal folders and virtual folders to inherit the clips of their children (sub-folders) on an individually selectable basis.
* Cloning: A single Group or Child (Folder/Virtual Folder or subfolder) can be used many times. Each Group object can be "cloned" or replicated to occur elsewhere in the tree, so there may be "n" identical instances of a group in the tree. A change to a group's settings (e.g., the SQL in a virtual folder) will simultaneously change the same settings in all instances of the group (clones). Similarly, a change to the contents of a clip will simultaneously change all instances of that clip in any groups where it has been cloned.
* Text clips can be saved as .TXT files: Enable selected .TXT or .RTF clips to have their data saved as .TXT files in the CHS database area (i.e., similar to how image clips are currently saved). These text files would then be indexable and searchable by WDS, GDS and other search engines.
* RTF clips can be saved as .RTF files: Similarly, enable selected .RTF clips to have their data saved as Rich Text (.RTF) files in the CHS database area.
* Remove or increase the arbitrary text limit in text clips: We need more text!
* Save full path+filename of copied or cut folders/files: e.g., R:\Temp\VPN_4396\ ..or... R:\Temp\VPN_4396\VPN_Lock.dat
* Retain metadata (URLs): - better retention of metadata relating to clipped web page data.

mouser:
Remove or increase the arbitrary text limit in text clips: We need more text!
Save full path+filename of copied or cut folders/files: e.g., R:\Temp\VPN_4396\ ..or... R:\Temp\VPN_4396\VPN_Lock.dat
Retain metadata (URLs): - better retention of metadata relating to clipped web page data.
--- End quote ---

I think 7-9 are implemented in the alpha with multi-format copying.

Cloning:
--- End quote ---
Can you explain #4?

mouser:
1. OCR.. i will keep thinking about this.
2. Wiki-linking.. this is the more difficult case where I you are using CHS to do good things that are at the boundary of it's usefulness.  So it's not that I at all disagree with your value of this feature, I just can't help but feel that a better solution would be for me to start over and write a proper note taking/idea program rather than try to put features in CHS that feel awkward for it.

tomos:
Cloning:
--- End quote ---
Can you explain #4?
-mouser (March 16, 2020, 01:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
What is meant here is the ability to see e.g a folder in two or more different locations. They are the same folder (hence the use of the word 'clone' is misleading - unfortunately it seems to have gained some traction in the IM world).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version