ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

SkyIDE - Latest Release Information

<< < (28/39) > >>

SkyIDE:
I am working on something brand new -- a linker dialog. The linker dialog lets you link already compiled files. The linker associated with the selected profile will be used.

http://www.skyide.net/images/testing/linker.png

The bakefile support will be brought back as well. Visual C++ Express is finished 100%.

UPDATE:

I will add a small option "Let SkyIDE tell the linker to create an EXE" where I tell the linker to produce an EXE or "Let me type the parameters" where you have full control of the process, even create a DLL.

SkyIDE:
Just a small update regarding the above post:

New redesigned linker dialog:

http://www.skyide.net/images/testing/newlinker.png

This is the last "new" thing I am doing for Beta 14. The other too is the bakefile support and ability to compile DLLs.

SkyIDE:
Slight changes in plans:

Some big changes in beta 14 hopefully. These changes will move SkyIDE to the next level along with the DLL compilation utility which  I haven't even started.

I intend to:

- Add an option where, when you select compile for your project, it compiles ALL files in your project, one by one. This means object files will be created for each file in your project. Simiar to what C++ Builder does. I may need to postpone the release date of Beta 14 in order for me to add all this.

- Add an option where you can specify what do you want to happen when you press "Compile/Run" Project. Example:

For MyProject: What happens when you select Compile or Run....

[checkbox] Use my own command: "and here you type commands, make, link etc"

or

[checkbox] Let SkyIDE compile my project using its own method

With this, I will give the user FULL control of the compiling procedure. This will be especially useful for power users

If all goes well, all this should be finished in one week but no guarantees.

mouser:
sounds pretty cool.

SkyIDE:
The amount of work I will go through is serious....but thanks to the modified CompileFile() methods I have and SetCompilingFile(), it should make it easier....I just need to call SetCompilingFile() and CompileFile() with compile only option with no link for each file.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version