ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

SkyIDE - Latest Release Information

<< < (22/39) > >>

SkyIDE:
A brand new SkyIDE web page is up and running. VERY soon there will be full SkyIDE documentation. I am working on this web page every day now.

SkyIDE:
I am happy to introduce you to the brand new (smartly designed) Compiler Profiles config file format.

I am working on having an option of #including separate directories per profile. These directories will be passed to the compiler when compiling single source files (non-projects). You already have something like this but currently you only have it with projects. Now you will have it with single source files.

In order to do this, I had to modify the configuration format for the compiler profiles because the old one sucked badly.

--- ---Old Format:
BORLAND C++|BproName|C:\Program Files\Borland\CBuilder6\Bin\bcc32.exe|
DIGITAL MARS C++|DMC|C:\dm\bin\sc.exe|

New Format:

--- ---[ID=0]
Profile Name=Borland Profile
Compiler Type=BORLAND C++
Compiler Location=C:\Program Files\Borland\CBuilder6\Bin\bcc32.exe
Compiler Parameters=-something

[ID=1]
Profile Name=GNU Profile
Compiler Type=GNU C++
Compiler Location=C:\GNUCPP\bin\c++.exe
Compiler Parameters=-something

[Settings]
Section Count=2

Now I can easily add "Compiler #include dirs" and "Compiler Libraries" to each section and it will be very easy to retrieve the settings. Because the core SkyIDE API names and their return values did not change, everything works normal through the entire IDE. The only thing that changed is the code within the APIs. The return values and parameters stayed the same.

My next task is to redesign the Profiles dialog so I give you space to add the dirs graphically.

Here is what else has been done:

New: Support for LCC-WIN32 C Compiler
New: Added a Multi-File Search & Replace
New: Added "Compile Only" with no linking for single source file

New: Added "Open/Explore SkyIDE Output Dir" from the "Compile" menu
New: Added "Open/Explore Compiler's Directory" relevant to the profile selected
New: Added "Open/Explore Source File's Directory"
New: Added "Open Command Line at Compiler's Dir" relevant to the profile selected
New: Added ""Open Command Line at Source File's Dir" relevant to the profile selected

BUGFIX: Bugfixes with Bakefile
BUGFIX: Fixed the Profiles/Compilers dialog. When you edit an entry now the profile name gets updated and the new name is shown.
BUGFIX: Some invisible internal bugfixes

Improved: Renamed previous "Compile" and "Compile & Run" to "Build" "Build & Run"
Improved: Renamed the Line Search to "Preview Search"
Improved: Some spelling mistakes fixed
Improved: Slight changes in the project file format
Improved: Some changes with the templates

I am quite excited with Beta 11 :) To be released in a few days.

Screenshot of the new search:
http://www.skyide.com/images/temp/newsearch.png

Screenshot of the new Compile menu:
http://www.skyide.com/images/temp/newmenu2.png

SkyIDE:
I just made my 100th post :)

jah:
Some really nice work there  :Thmbsup:

SkyIDE:
Thanks jah :)

Well after a longer break (and a few problems) I am happy to announce the release of SkyIDE Beta 11. Beta 11 has gone through some heavy code changes so please use it with caution.

If you find something not quite right, PLEASE email be, it will be fixed and I will immediately upload Update 2.

Don't forget with SkyIDE you can click on your scroll wheel to get access to a full list of all open files in the session and you can show that file by double clicking on the entry.

Work on SkyIDE documentation has been started and should be available soon.
For now if you have a question just email me please. I will answer your question.

SkyIDE Beta 11 Release Notes:

New: Added Support for the LCC-WIN32 C Compiler
New: Option for different #include search paths per profile
New: Added a Multi-File Search & Replace
New: Added Preliminary and limited "Fail-Safe/Crash Safe" measures.
New: Double clicking on a tab now closes the document (as it should)
New: Added "Compile Only" with no linking for single source files
New: Added Reload Current File from the right click pop up menu on the editor
New: Brand new compiler profile config file format. Completely re-written from scratch
New: In "Compile" menu" Added Open/Explore SkyIDE Output Dir
New: In "Compile" menu" Added Open/Explore Compiler's Directory relevant to the profile selected
New: In "Compile" menu" Added Open/Explore Source File's Directory
New: In "Compile" menu" Added Open Command Line at Compiler's Dir relevant to the profile selected
New: In "Compile" menu" Added Open Command Line at Source File's Dir relevant to the profile selected
New: In "File menu" - Added "Open File Directory"
New: In "File menu" - Added "Open Command Prompt" at File's directory

BUGFIX: Bugfix with GNU C++ Settings related to search paths
BUGFIX: Possible bugfixes with Bakefile (still working on this)
BUGFIX: When you edit an entry in the Compiler Profile dialog the profile name gets updated properly.
BUGFIX: Some internal code fixes...

Improved: Renamed previous "Compile" and "Compile & Run" to "Build" "Build & Run"
Improved: Renamed the Line Search to "Preview Search"
Improved: Some spelling mistakes fixed
Improved: Slight changes in the project file format
Improved: Some changes with the templates

Also:

New: Separate Create New C Source File and Create New C++ Source File, these are now two different menus and the C Source file generates ready to go C Source file with a template and you can use LCC-WIN32 to compile it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version