ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

SkyIDE - Latest Release Information

<< < (5/39) > >>

mouser:
done, all combined.

Gothi[c]:
 :up: Good work, alexk!

One little side note, though:
  the project directory structure I proposed was only an example, to allow users to specify their own directory structure. There should probably be just one base path, in which the user can make subdirectories to their own wishes, and save his files in any of the subdirectories, or subdirectories of the subdirectories. Because there is generally no way of knowing how they set up the structure of their project. Many people like their directory structure to reflect the structure of their project. For example, if the project is part of a bigger project. (eg: a project with several sub-projects). A directory structure could look like this:

\
\server
\server\src
\server\include
\server\bin
\client
\client\src
\client\include
\client\bin
\common
\common\src
\common\include

Server and client would be two separate projects, and "common" would be code shared between both the server and the client (this is a very common approach). The project-file of both the server and the client would have to be able to include the common source into their project.

It would probably be possible as it is now, by making the common code a separate project as well, but in the real world this is a bit impractical.

I guess my point just is, that the directory structure shouldn't be hard-coded but completely up to the user. And the IDE should be able to handle whatever the user makes his directory structure like, for example by showing separate folders in the project-tree, representing the user-created subdirectories.

SkyIDE:
>> for example by showing separate folders in the project-tree,
>> representing the user-created subdirectories.

I will see what I can do, as usual I cannot promise but I will definately look into it.

By the way, there seems to be a bug with Pre-Alpha 7 with the "Open Header File" and "Open Source File" menu options. I have forgotten to change some code when I re-sructured the project directory. It's an easy fix. For the time being, I will stick with current projet structure until I make my code a bit more flexible. But yes, "src" and "include" and "bin" are hard coded so these dirs now must be present in order everything to work properly. Before was worse :) I had no dirs at all. Everything was saved in one project dir.

SkyIDE:
SkyIDE Alpha 7 is available.

Changes in this version:

-> Completely re-designed the Java New Project Dialog. Now looks like
    the C++ dialog with check boxes for compiler options (needs testing)

-> Added support for Tabs-to-Spaces. When you press the tab key,
    instead of adding tabs, SkyIDE will insert spaces equal to the tab width
    size instead of actual tabs. Works flawlessly :) Thanks for the suggestion
    Gothi(c). Much appreciated.

*UPDATED POST* Sorry I forgot to mention, that silly bug in Open Main File and Open Header file has been fixed.

Next, in Alpha 8, this is gonna be a huge fix up operation. I will *completely* re-write the project explorer. I have to do this. So in Alpha 8 there may not be new features added, it's gonna be more like internal code work....I hope to have it released by this weekend and may be add new features.

Download from: http://www.skyide.com/downloads/SkyIDE_Alpha7.zip

Thanks

Gothi[c]:
Interesting!  You are making good progress.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version