ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

SkyIDE - Latest Release Information

<< < (3/39) > >>

Gothi[c]:
The problem is, if your document is big with a lot of tabs, it would take a large amount of time to do the conversion.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the idea is that the tab keypress is detected and spaces are inserted instead.
On top of that there could be a source-code formatting button that you can click to convert the whole document when you want to. (as opposed to real-time)

SkyIDE:
Yes, the idea is that the tab keypress is detected and spaces are inserted instead.
On top of that there could be a source-code formatting button that you can click to convert the whole document when you want to. (as opposed to real-time)
--- End quote ---

Alpha 7 will have big changes, even bigger then Alpha 6. I intend to re-design the Create New Project dialog and add those options to the compiler where you can put a tick in a check box for a parameter to be used, also add dir structures in the project folder as you suggested and try to modify the tab key. I cannot promise I will be successful about the tab key but I will try. The other two features should be no problem. I will start with the easiest ones. Feel free to check out Alpha 6 :)

SkyIDE:
Is it possible to still keep a project directory structure with this?
(eg, keep sourcefiles in myProject/src, headers in myProject/include, and binaries in myProject/bin)

--- End quote ---

I am happy to inform you that I just implemented it :) For C++ and Java projects that is.

For C++: myproject/src for .cpp and .c
             myproject/include for .hpp and .h
             myproject/bin for .exe files

For Java: myproject/src for .java files
             myproject/bin for .class files

So that is done :) Now focusing on Create New Project dialog about the suggestion you mentioned earlier and then I will look into the tab-space issue again :)

SkyIDE:
SkyIDE - Pre-Alpha  7 is available. Alpha 7 should be available by week end.

New Changes for Pre-Alpha 7:

Changed project directory structure:

For C++:  myproject/src for .cpp and .c files
              myproject/include for .hpp and .h files
              myproject/bin for .exe files files

For Java: myproject/src for .java files
             myproject/bin for .class files

Completely re-dedesigned the C++ new project dialog. Now you have check boxes to select/de-select compiler parameters for the selected C++ compiler.

Comming up in Alpha 7 is re-designing the Java New Project dialog to make it work like the C++ one and adding convert spaces to tabs support. Should be released by the end of the week.

mouser:
i love hearing about the updates and i encourage you to keep posting them.
however could i request that you start a single thread for SkyIDE updates, and always post new announcements as replies to that.  Would be easier for people to keep track of and less clutter on the forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version