ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

SkyIDE - Latest Release Information

<< < (6/39) > >>

SkyIDE:

I just uploaded Alpha 8

http://www.skyide.com/downloads/SkyIDE_Alpha8.zip

Latest changes:

As stated earlier, there won't much changes/additions in this release. Instead I focused on improving the code that I believed had to be improved.

Project Explorer has been almost completely re-written (still works the same way as in Alpha 7) but the code now is much easier to manage, less complex, more flexible and reliable. Definitely better then the old way.

Bug fix: Rename Project didn't quite work the way it was meant to, now it does (I think)

Added: Now when you right click the project tree, the menu item "Rename Project" also has the project name next to the Rename Project text

Modified: The Create C++ and Java project dialogs have been modified to make it look more prefessional

Redesigned: the project right click popup menu and the Tab-bar right click popup menu. This makes it more user friendly (in my own opinion)

FIXED: there was a problem with the "Set as Main File" section. When you seleced the option, SkyIDE would have used an absolute path as a main file to the project *even* if the file was inside the project dir. Silly mistake caused because I forgot to modify this section when I was fixing another section that had the same problem. This is fixed now and a relative path is used.

plus many other bug fixes which I came across....which I can't clearly remember now :)

SkyIDE:
I am excited to announce the release of Alpha 9.

I think a separate SkyIDE forum will need to be created.

In this version:

Added: New tab on the Information Bar. "Line Search", type in some text and press "!Run" and all the lines containing that text in the current document will be outputed in the bottom edit control. When you click on a particular line that has been found, the line containing that text in the main file will be highlighted. You can also select/copy text/lines in the output. Here is a screenshot:

http://www.skyide.com/images/linesearch.png

By the way, the syntax error on the screenshot was done deliberately, I kept typing anything...

This was suggested by "doublebogey". Thanks for the suggestion doublebogey :) He even built an external tool which was made compatible with SkyIDE for this functionality and asked me if I can have such or similar functionality integrated so I implemented it.

Added: Now the the compiler output pane says "Warning" when there is a warning and "Error" when applicable with C++ compilers. Before it was not distinguishing.

Fixed: In Custom compiler command, Borland compiler did not run when requested. Now it does :)

Download Alpha 9 from http://www.skyide.com/downloads/SkyIDE_Alpha9.zip

Next version: Ummm Beta 1? Is it stable enough? I think it is.

Gothi[c]:
Congratulations on winning the contest, by the way, alexk!!

:Thmbsup: :beerchug: :Thmbsup:

SkyIDE:
Thanks Gothi(c) :) I am very excited about it and don't know what to say.

Thanks too all the people that made this contest possible, Jesse from DonationCoder.com and all the people from Borland. This is a great achievement for me as I have never achieved anything like this before - being awarded for using my skills. It really means a lot to me.

I can't say Thanks enough to the people that made the contest possible so thanks again Jesse and Borland. I am very excited about it.

SkyIDE:
Alpha 10 or Beta 1 to be released soon possibly in 24 hours:

I have re-written entire sections, added a lot of stuff.

Now you have a "Compiler Profiles" section. There you can add as many compilers as you want of the same type. This can be quite useful when you want to test/compile your software with different versions of the same compiler to see how it compiles and runs. So this means, you can add/remove different compiler profiles dynamically.

Due to this advanced feature, many other sections had to be heavily modified in order to make them play along. I have spent most of the time fine tuning this section to make sure it works as expected.

Instead of selecting compiler parameters from the New Project Dialog, now you have a button which when you press, it pops up a compiler parameters dialog for the appropriate project type. This is nice because it gives me space to put a lot of parammeters freely in a dialog instead of stacking them in the New Project Dialog itself. This Parameters dialog is also available when you create Compiler Profiles.

I should upload a new build very soon. This new build seriously needs some testing to make sure there are no bugs so to anyone that is willing to test it, thanks in advance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version