ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

SkyIDE - Latest Release Information

<< < (35/39) > >>

mouser:
You took on a HUGE project -- amazing what you managed to create.  And no doubt you learn a hell of a lot.

I do think you should take a little break and step back and figure out where you want to go with this, and how much work you really want to continue to put into it and where you want to go with it.  It's one of those projects that seems like so much work given how attached people are to their existing IDEs.. Consider how much pleasure it brings you to work on it vs other projects you might work on if you put SkyIDE down and pick up a next project that might not be quite so huge.

mahesh2k:
Agree with what mouser said...U took on heavy project...U learned frm ur mistakes and thats count..Like mouser i think step back for a while...knw whr u made mistake with it..then start to getover it...Again goodluck with that .. :D

My suggestion regarding Tool:
Borland is nt good option anymore as MS made VS Express editions and there is no point of using Devtools other than made from MS due to lack of support/features/Prduction/Lifecycle/Less documentation on the internet/ etc..Other commercial tools can be a good option but maybe lets take opinion frm others abt it..If you know java or plan to port it...then you can use Netbeans/Eclipse to build skyide....Even i can help in that....Drop PM anytime... :Thmbsup:

SkyIDE:
:) Thanks guys :) Thank you for your appreciation and understanding. Not just that, but lately I am a lot busier (in a good way) than what I used to be in the past.

I've done Java before and I think Java is a *very* attractive language. There isn't one thing that I don't like about Java. I reckon it's really a great language. As far as MS vs Borland...I reckon Borland has world's greatest developer tools. Borland is a great company. Great customer service, great help and great people. They always help you. They even called me, returned my call when I first started dealing with BCB. I knew from the start it's a great company. Whenever I actioned a service request, they *always* replied, they always helped. Also what I like about BCB is the ease of use. Everything is made easy. You can pick up the VCL in a matter of minutes (considering you are familiar with C++ and OOP). I love the VCL concept of implementing things. Don't get me wrong, I am sure Visual Studio is a great tool  but personally I am not used to it.

myarmor:
I was continuing development with BCB 6 instead of 2006 -- as a version of TScintilla was not available at the time for BCB 2006. I don't know about now.

So what is the future? I want to re-write the whole thing with BCB 2006. If a version of TScintilla is available for this version of BCB I will go with it otherwise, I will have to look for somethning else even a commercial tool.
-SkyIDE (April 25, 2008, 12:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't seen a newer version of Delphisci, but there are instructions at Delphisci Project Page on how to cure the
IDE crashes with it in BDS/Delphi etc 2005+.

If C++ Builder 2006 works in the same manner RAD Studio 2007 does, then you use the exact same compile both for
Delphi and BCB (just make it generate all types of files, not just DCU), then move .bpi/lib files to a directory in the
search/library path to get the components to show in C++ Builder too.

The reason Delphisci 0.23 crashes when clicking on the TScintilla component in the IDE was that versions 2005+ passes a
HDC in wParam to the Scintilla control's WM_PAINT when clicked etc.
Scintilla expects a paintstruct if wParam is nonnull for some reason, something which obviously creates a access violation when given a hdc.

SkyIDE:
myarmor, I just saw your reply. Thank you for taking your time to register and post this knowledgeable and very appreciative reply!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version