ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

Amazon Pay has decided to block donationcoder payments

<< < (4/6) > >>

app103:
I think it enables both. It allows you to post to various social media from a single location (write once, deploy everywhere). But it also allows you to receive and respond to messages on specific social media services.
-Deozaan (March 06, 2020, 12:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Write once, deploy everywhere, and never have to bother logging into any of the sites where you deploy, or bother reading any responses. It's a one-way approach to social media that lots of big companies take. In fact, it's pretty much how we approach social media, too, since our Twitter and Facebook posts are all automated through a 3rd party service, using an RSS feed.

If anyone wants to get our attention and the post isn't here on this forum, or in the IRC channel, or an e-mail to mouser, there's a good chance that nobody will see or respond to it. Trying to get our attention on Facebook is not as effective, and getting our attention on Twitter is near impossible.

And this is no different than most companies, that use these platforms to broadcast content, rather than as chat platforms.

wraith808:
So close enough to a Bot that it might as well be one.  ;D :huh: :-\ :down:

IainB:
@mouser:
Amazon Pay, which we allow people to use to buy commercial licenses for our software from our commercial license page, has decided to block us and refuse to process payments to us.
They have said it is related to us looking like a charity, but won't elaborate or tell us what we could do to fix the problem.
-mouser (March 04, 2020, 08:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
I would suggest that the statement that "Amazon Pay has decided to block donationcoder payments" may possibly be an incorrect statement and thus not necessarily true.
Clearly, it would seem that payments to DC have been blocked, but the underlying reasons for this - i.e.; the rule that is apparently being broken and which their actions are intending to fix, are variously unclear, obscure, ambiguous.

I would suggest:

* There has been a process change by Amazon. They will have made the change deliberately and for a reason.
* Amazon will have probably carefully considered the likely effects on their "customers" and will therefore presumably have thought the matter through.
* Amazon will necessarily have a one size fits all (mass production) business process approach. These processes will almost certainly be in statistical control. Amazon would be able to anticipate, but be unable to deal individually with, the (possibly unknown/unquantifiable) number of clients that this process change (blocking) may have unfairly inconvenienced (creating special causes of undesirable errors), and so they will no doubt be collecting and studying the data on the number of blowback reports they receive to establish a strategy to mitigate the adverse effect of genuinely unfair/incorrect blocking (smoothing out the special causes).
* This could take some time.
* Meanwhile, don't expect them to fix anything, but keep reporting the adverse incidents/effects on your business, which they can use to get a clearer picture of the problem that they probably knew they would create with the process change. Their own service level performance statistics will also provide important metrics.
* Squeaky wheels may or may not help.
* If they don't fix it, then they will have wittingly isolated DC and other clients as being on the margin of their desirable customer base, and they either don't want or can no longer support such fringe clients, but are unable to admit to this as it may be in breach of their blanket service agreement.
* So it may be prudent to now start looking for another provider of that service, or some way to bypass your dependency on it.
* Experience of setting costing and pricing structures for large-scale computer service suppliers indicates that one could anticipate that the service being blocked will probably start to cost users more, regardless - i.e., a price increase for minor clients or those riding on the coat-tails of marginal costing for major clients may even be one of the supplier's objectives.

opususa:
Sorry about the situation.  I used to sell some products through Amazon and experiences a couple of times of their unreasonable attitude.  They have power, but sometimes seem to forget they are benefiting from all sellers which is absolutely equally important as buyers.

djMot:
Is there some reason you couldn't just use PayPal instead?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version