ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

A similar function to Listary's Quick Switch function?

<< < (4/6) > >>

Nod5:
I updated SaveAsPathHelper.ahk to fix an issue that can make the path change fail in some cases (due to a quirk in how AutoHotkey's ControlClick command works)
https://gist.github.com/nod5/73d7ea232ede7ab6762833d5442fef5d

I think the scripts is very useful! If I may say so :) Feedback welcome, especially from those who have used Listary's Quick Switch feature a lot and can tell me what my scripts is still lacking (apart from support for other file managers than File Explorer).

AJolly:
I really like this feature in Listary!

I use FARR to launch programs, and have listary running to jump to folders.
(I also have search everything + FARR for file searching, and an autohotkey script to search between open windows)

wjamoe:
Use FARR as replacement for Listary's [ctrl]+g

Start your program and open the file dialog (open/save save as...)

Open FARR
Find the file/path (faster than most other filemanagers  :D  :up:
Go to row containing the path/file you want
Press [Ctrl]+C (this copies the complete filepath into the clipboard)
then press  [Alt]+[Tab] to go back to file dialog
then paste [Ctrl]+v into file dialog
(remove filename if you copied a filename and you only wanted the path),
press [Enter] to update the folder contents

Njoy
Wjamoe (wiem)

kunkel321:
+1 for adding this unctionality to FARR.

I'm not currently running Listary because my new employer doesn't let staff be admnistrators of their laptops   >:(   Listary won't run without admin privaledges.  When I do use listery though, it always bugs me that FARR and Listary have so much overlapping functionality.  I'd rather just use one or the other. 

Nod5:
The small AutoHotkey script SaveAsPathHelper.ahk I threw together to mimic this functionality still works ok on my PC. Link to source again
https://gist.github.com/nod5/73d7ea232ede7ab6762833d5442fef5d

I might spruce it up as a NANY release.

Listary won't run without admin privaledges.
-kunkel321 (September 27, 2020, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
I suspect any tool with this kind of feature would have to run as admin if the goal is to have it work with save / open windows from most applications, including those running as admin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version