ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

A similar function to Listary's Quick Switch function?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Nod5:
I'm with Skajfes. This task (changing the folder in a save file... window) seems like a job for a windowless hotkey tool, not a GUI based file launcher like FARR.

I'm aware that one can mimic this functionality using an AHK script, but would prefer not to have to run another program in the background just to achieve this.
-About:blank (March 03, 2020, 03:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

If there already is an AutoHotkey script that does what you want (link?) then why not use that? What is the downside in your view?

About:blank:
There are several scripts, such as this one but it's not working that reliability in my experience.

There are also scripts that allow to select a currently opened folder from a list, which is more convenient than nothing, but it's still not as efficient.

Nod5:
There are several scripts, such as this one but it's not working that reliability in my experience.
There are also scripts that allow to select a currently opened folder from a list, which is more convenient than nothing, but it's still not as efficient.
-About:blank (March 03, 2020, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
In what way is it unreliable on your computer? I made an AutoHotkey script for the Ctrl+G feature and it seems to run without any issues on my PC. Will test it some more and post somewhere later on if I don't experience any problems with it.

rjbull:
I'm a long-term big fan of Listary...  When at my PC, I more or less 'live' within my favourite file manager, Total Commander. Listary's ability to steer the dialog box to whatever is the active directory in TC is invaluable.  Listary supports several other file managers etc. too.

Suggestion - from a non-programmer...  I don't know how Listary acquires the active directory from the file managers.  If FARR can offer the same information (ask Mouser), maybe you could persuade Channing to add it to Listary?

DC has older discussions on dialog box extenders, but I believe they mostly offer favourite and recent directories, not the switching feature that's so useful that for me, it's more less worth the modest asking cost of Listary on its own.

MilesAhead:

-About:blank (March 03, 2020, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some time ago I was trying to create a similar AHK Tray program to paste the last active Explorer Window path into the active window, such as a save or open dialog.  It works after a fashion using the file folder caption to get the folder path.  It does not work with shell objects or library locations such as This PC or Documents because searching through all the open windows is very slow.  As a speed trade off I used the stipulation that the Windows folder settings must have "Display full path in Title Bar" enabled.

It would be great if we could figure out a way to have it work for all folders.  I have attached a Zip with source I will upload to my site soon.  If anyone finds any errors or has suggestions to make it work without relying on the window caption I would welcome them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version