ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

A similar function to Listary's Quick Switch function?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Nod5:
Maybe this should be moved to the Coding Snacks section?

I more or less 'live' within my favourite file manager, Total Commander. Listary's ability to steer the dialog box to whatever is the active directory in TC is invaluable.  Listary supports several other file managers etc. too.
-rjbull (March 04, 2020, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you with "steer" mean one of these or something else?
1. when in the Save As window, the user presses a hotkey to make Listary change the Save As window path to the last active Explorer window's path
2. when a Save As window opens, Listary automatically and immediately changes the Save As window path to the last active Explorer window's path

Feature 1 seems pretty simple to clone, 2 more complex.

... the Windows folder settings must have "Display full path in Title Bar" enabled.  ...
-MilesAhead (March 04, 2020, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm probably missing something here, but why not get the Explorer window paths via ComObj?

Nod5:
Here's my first AutoHotkey attempt at some of these features. Probably has some issues. But works ok in some tests on my Win 10 x64 PC at least. Only works with File Explorer.

SaveAsPathHelper.ahk
https://gist.github.com/nod5/73d7ea232ede7ab6762833d5442fef5d

rjbull:
I more or less 'live' within my favourite file manager, Total Commander. Listary's ability to steer the dialog box to whatever is the active directory in TC is invaluable.  Listary supports several other file managers etc. too.
-rjbull (March 04, 2020, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you with "steer" mean one of these or something else? [...]
-Nod5 (March 04, 2020, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Something else. Suppose you have one of Listary's supported file managers in one window, and you are currently at the File Open/Close dialog of any arbitrary program in another window.  Alt+Tab to the file manager, Alt+Tab back to the dialog, and Listary will point the dialog to the active directory in the file manager.  I had even more fun testing this with two supported file managers  :)  The Web site currently lists:

Listary supports most of the popular 3rd-party file managers:

Directory Opus
    Total Commander
    XYplorer
    xplorer2
    FreeCommander XE
    SpeedCommander
    One Commander

--- End quote ---

The Options screen lists several others.

Nod5:
Alt+Tab to the file manager, Alt+Tab back to the dialog
-rjbull (March 05, 2020, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, I added a similar feature to SaveAsPathHelper.ahk just now.
Alt+Tab from file dialogue window to Explorer window and back within 5 seconds: update file dialogue window with Explorer path

Listary supports most of the popular 3rd-party file managers
-rjbull (March 05, 2020, 04:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doable, but would for each such file manager need this pair of information:
- how to detect the window (what AutoHotkey's Window Spy utility shows as ahk_exe and ahk_class when the file manager is active)
- how to get the current folder path from the window (I guess this varies, but whatever Listary is doing this script could probably also do if the method is public e.g. getting path from window title, control text, DDE, windows message, keyboard shortcut, ...)

I don't use any of the listed file managers but if anyone who does gives me the above info pair I might add support for it.

MilesAhead:

... the Windows folder settings must have "Display full path in Title Bar" enabled.  ...
-MilesAhead (March 04, 2020, 03:58 PM)
I'm probably missing something here, but why not get the Explorer window paths via ComObj?

-Nod5 (March 04, 2020, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I did an explorer folder watcher utility(FolderCache) and looping through all windows for a match bogged things.  If in response to a hotkey press it should be fine though.  It is informative watching how you approach the features.  I may end up using yours rather than my own at some point.   :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version