ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Windows Launcher by Only One Key

(1/4) > >>

Sorryformyen:
Hi,

Does anyone develop or know any launcher for Windows that is as similar as possible to the SiteLauncher add-on for Firefox and Google Chrome browsers?

Since I don't want to launch websites but folders, files and applications, what I found closest to now was Madproton's MaxLauncher, but unfortunately it has a limited number of keys and little visual customization.

Besides, I was hoping for something like this...

BGM:
What about Open-Shell?  It transforms the Windows Start Menu and makes it quite useful.  I'm actually using it as my launcher.  Open-Shell is the newest version of Classic Shell.

I used to use a-suite, which does a nice job.

However, those are menu-based launchers, not tile-based like what you are showing.  Personally, I like menu-based launchers because you can easily find things and don't have to scan a thousand squares.

wraith808:
I think in the implementation that he's showing you remember the key for the item.  Still seems like a lot to me.

4wd:
Possibly something like Program Picker from Bond Interface Design?

Unfortunately the website seems to be defunct but maybe you can find a contact somewhere.

Internet Archive

Sorryformyen:
BGM,
I've been using ClassicShell for about 8 years and I just haven't upgraded to OpenShell yet out of sheer laziness. In addition, ClassicShell works incredibly well for my needs. In any case, menus do not serve the true quick launch function. I use them only when I need to search the computer's content faster than if I wanted to go through the folder path. With real launchers, the initial visual mess goes over time giving way to memorizing where things are without many clicks or with as little as possible.

wraith808,
That's what I thought when I started using SiteLauncher in 2009, since then I need to keep adapting the code to each version of the browser :D

4wd,
This seems to have more functions than I would be able to use in one lifetime, less a very important function for me: visual customization, or at least as far as I could see.

Thank you all for the feedback!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version