ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Do good mice still exist? Looking for recommendations.

<< < (8/10) > >>

mouse53:
I too have replaced some of the left click switches,  but I like the Optical trackman T-RB22,  can't really get used to the ball on the side on the M570 it's just not the same.  I had a Microsoft Trackball Explorer,  but they stopped support on that one too. The new Deft Trackball by Elecom is kinda nice too comes corded and wireless,  and the price is better at about $60.00 US. I always keep an old logitech corded standard mouse for those times I need to reinstall Windows or do some MBR building since Windows doesn't have USB support when booting

hamradio:
I went back to a wired Logitech G502 HERO Gaming Mouse the last time my wireless mouse had issues since it was cheaper than wireless.

I use with the Logitech G HUB software.

$40-$50 it looks like it still is at one store.

I am not affiliated with Logitech just a customer.

xtabber:
apparently replaced by MX Master 2S or MX Master 3

I will get one and report.
-mouser (October 27, 2020, 06:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
I’ve long been addicted to Logitech’s high speed scrolling feature.  I recently replaced an MX Master 2s with an MX Master 3 and was surprised to find the new magnetic scrolling mechanism vastly more responsive. I also find the Master 3 to be subtly more comfortable in my hand, but YMMV.

4wd:
I always keep an old logitech corded standard mouse for those times I need to reinstall Windows or do some MBR building since Windows doesn't have USB support when booting
-mouse53 (October 29, 2020, 01:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

It doesn't?

I've used a wireless keyboard+trackpad the last couple of times I've installed Windows just fine, (Win 10 and WHS2011).
It also works in the BIOS without a problem, (mouse driven BIOS interface).

Windows might not but your hardware can, you should check your BIOS, enable Legacy USB support.

Shades:
Newer motherboards have options in UEFI/BIOS that allows you to enable or disable power to USB ports during the boot of the computer.

There might be a chance that all (or some) USB ports are without power the moment the BIOS/UEFI system on your motherboard checks for (wireless) keyboards/mouse connected by USB. Which is one of the reasons why motherboards are still having one PS/2 port. That port is under power, always.

Some motherboard manufacturers indicate a specific USB port that is always under power as well. My Asus board does, my Gigabyte board doesn't, so ymmv. Anyway, that is the port where you need to connect your (wireless) keyboard and/or mouse to be sure it is initialized during the boot process.

This option of enabling/disabling USB ports is there because of security reasons. But has also caused many problems, so motherboard manufacturers now by default enable all USB ports to have power during boot.  Those that need these ports disabled, can do so themselves.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version