ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Annoying Brave browser 'brave rewards' pop-ups

<< < (2/2)

holt:
You can also disable that.

In fact, you can remove everything on the New Tab page:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Make sure you also disable "Show Sponsored Images" or that purple bar will show up when there's a sponsored image to tell you that you could be getting paid to see that image by enabling Rewards.
-Deozaan (February 12, 2020, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes!!!!!!! Thank you Deozaan!  :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
I found Brave Rewards Settings and turned off the pop-up; but now my 'new' home page has a purple nag-tag picture that begs me to turn it back on. Why do companies of great products insist on ripping off or otherwise annoying their loyal patrons? This is getting old fast. I wonder how popular (as in 'un-') the obnoxious Sales staff is with the rest of Brave's crew.

-holt (February 12, 2020, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad that Deo got it for you... but Patron?  Sales?  Last I checked, the browser was free...

holt:
I found Brave Rewards Settings and turned off the pop-up; but now my 'new' home page has a purple nag-tag picture that begs me to turn it back on. Why do companies of great products insist on ripping off or otherwise annoying their loyal patrons? This is getting old fast. I wonder how popular (as in 'un-') the obnoxious Sales staff is with the rest of Brave's crew.

-holt (February 12, 2020, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Glad that Deo got it for you... but Patron?  Sales?  Last I checked, the browser was free...
-wraith808 (February 13, 2020, 02:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Mm, OK, I paid -and pay- nothing; perhaps what I was attempting to allude to might loosely be termed 'patron of the arts'; and 'sales staff' as in 'promotional dept'? Whoever likes to dream up purple 'nag-tag' pop-ups.

wraith808:
The BAT is one of the reason that a lot of people are drawn to the browser and one of the features, so I guess it depends on their focus.

holt:
The BAT is one of the reason that a lot of people are drawn to the browser and one of the features, so I guess it depends on their focus.
-wraith808 (February 13, 2020, 10:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
I apologize if I seemed unduly harsh on what actually appears to be a meritorious arrangement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version