topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 11:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Muse : What do you think of this article ?  (Read 4402 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Muse : What do you think of this article ?
« on: February 11, 2020, 10:32 AM »
Searching for articles I found this in amazon :

https://choosemuse.com/

What do you think  ?

I have heard in the past about similar things.
 :-* :P

AsusPortatil - 11_02_2020 , 16_32_14.pngMuse : What do you think of this article ?

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Muse : What do you think of this article ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 06:25 PM »
Searching for articles I found this in amazon :

https://choosemuse.com/

What do you think  ?

I have heard in the past about similar things.
 :-* :P

[ Invalid Attachment ]

It's too bad it costs so much @ $250, plus the need for a tablet to work in tandem with the headband piece, for I believe the product to have an awesome potential due to its dynamic bio-feedback function.
In reading about it, I was reminded of my former employer's yearly hearing loss monitoring tests because of the noisy environment I worked in. You would sit in a soundproof booth with a pair of earphones on and a pushbutton gripper in your hand. In dead silence, a faint pure frequency audio tone would slowly become more and more audible, and you were supposed to press the button the instant you began to hear the faintest trace of tone signal, causing it to fade just in and out of ultimate audiblity. Each time, the tone would come to one ear, and then the other. Then the next time, it would come at a different frequency. There it 'hovered' -so to speak- suspended deep in my mind, in the innermost center of my subjective consciousness. The effect was deeply trancelike, almost spellbinding, and infinitely soothing to the nervous system.
I wish I could afford to get this device, but I shall console myself with what I already have, such as these two 'throbber' binaural tone signals:
1hr Delta Binaural Beat Session (3hz) ~ Pure
1hr Delta Binaural Beat Session (0.9hz) ~ Pure
Wikipedia article giving an explanation of binaural beats: Beat (acoustics)
Quote: A binaural beat is an auditory illusion perceived when two different pure-tone sine waves, both with frequencies lower than 1500 Hz, with less than a 40 Hz difference between them, are presented to a listener dichotically (one through each ear).

There are other ways to achieve a therapeutic 'altered' state of mind: in a mental concentration exercise, one is instructed to look at the circular dial face of an analog timepiece such as a wall clock, bedside clock, or wristwatch, and focus exclusively on the tip of the second hand as it sweeps the face of the clock making one complete revolution every 60 seconds. The object of the exercise is to deliberately eliminate all intellectual thoughts of speech or word verbalization both out loud and mentally in the mind. The instant a thought of a word forms in one's consciousness, one is to start over. Functionally speaking, you don't have to quit and wait for the second hand to reach 12 in order to start again; just mentally note the instant you formed a word or sentence fragment and start over from that point wherever you may be on the dial. You are to restart again and again, striving for inner mastery. Novices may anticipate success rates of just a few seconds, up to the better portion of a full minute. Pros may expect to achieve several minutes at a time. The exercise is to be performed for ten minutes at a time, or however portion of that interval you may manage before inner fatigue forces you to quit the exercise for the day. Especially for novices, ten minutes per day is the recommended limit not to exceed, as the exercise can be surprisingly rigorous.
I have never been able to achieve the goal of a full ten minutes of speechless and wordless concentration at a time, and I usually resort to doing it nowadays when I have found it useful to distract my physical mind and phase out because of suffering from illness, injury, or stress.
One may see the similarities between this and the Neurofeedback device; an inner state of mind is approached, in which the formation of words becomes the means of which one directs one's mind to refocus again and again as a form of inner meditation.

Then again, often I just commune with our cat as she relaxes purring beside me. :)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:30 PM by holt »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 01:58 AM »
Splendid comment !
 :tellme: :P

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 05:07 AM »
Another relaxation video, the classic 'hypno-spiral'.
Epileptics or anyone driving a vehicle please do not watch this video until you stop driving.

Another suggestion is based on what we did a few times as children at the grassy city park, to stand in one spot and spin in circles in place until one collapses from becoming hopelessly dizzy.

A variant of this is to hold your true love's hands and spin in a mutual circle, a la the barycenter of the planet Pluto and it's primary moon, Charon; Young happy couple having fun holding hands spinning around on the beach.

Ideally, one could get an easy chair with a pivoting base, or a chair with an oval upper frame designed to be suspended from the ceiling, and set it up with a motor to make it spin slowly for its therapeutic effect.

As a variant of this, we once made a swing for our cat from a bag and a rope. and put her in it and began moderately swinging her back and forth ever so gently. But then, all of a sudden, totally without warning, she puked! Never tried that again! :P
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 04:55 AM by holt »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 04:48 AM »
until one collapses from becoming hopelessly dizzy.
I do this a few times during my childhood in the forest. The friends hide in the trees and when you awake feels the strange sensation....

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 05:52 AM »
until one collapses from becoming hopelessly dizzy.
I do this a few times during my childhood in the forest. The friends hide in the trees and when you awake feels the strange sensation....
Yes, all in good humor and harmless fun. I've tried to steer clear of the current 'zoo' of drug-induced altered (mental) states, and find myself coming up with all kinds of acceptable alternatives.

As a counter-point to the euphoria of a slowly rotating easy chair, there is the instance in which our cat enjoyed the swing made out of a rope and a grocery bag, until she got artificially sea-sick and puked. And as a life-long cat lover, I can tell you; you can house train them to pee & poop out-of-doors, but when they need to puke up a hairball or whatever, they puke wherever the queasy moment of an unexpectedly rebellious upset stomach overwhelms all their fastidious instincts and phenomenally reliable house potty training. No matter where the cat is, if she suddenly needs to puke, about the best you can do is scoop them up by the 'arm pits' and get them to the kitchen or bathroom linoleum floor, or the front or back door, and hope you make it before they up-chuck.

While I'm on the subject, especially for people with inner ear problems, which involves one's sense of balance, early morning breakfast can be an occasion for getting artificially sea-sick and needing to run to the bathroom to upchuck breakfast. The bio-mechanics of this involve the comparatively sudden transition from lying flat all night, to sitting or standing vertically and eating. The less-than-optimum inner ear can't always adjust in time to the sudden change of physical orientation, and when a formerly fasting stomach suddenly finds itself full of food while figuratively floating in a virtual boat, so to speak, the result can be an over-whelming sensation of seasickness.
But there is another wonderfully natural, drug-free cure for this; ginger root powder. We keep a little spice jar full of ginger root powder, and all one has to do is to wet one's finger tip, reach into the spice jar, and pick up a jot or two of clinging ginger. This is especially advisable even before eating anything. Pregnant women do this for much the same reason. It is very effective at preventing or stopping nausea, except for cats.^^