ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Merge or combine worksheets from the same excel workbook

<< < (3/4) > >>

Contro:
@Contro:
Ok, I'll ask the 'big' question once, and please don't repeat the confusing flurry mesh of info you gave above: What goes into this black box, and what is the expected output? (IOW, what is it to be used for)
-Ath (February 09, 2020, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
you are totally right Ath.
That's the point.
I have tried to explain to Shades. Perhaps you may accomplish there.
 :P

Ath:
@Contro:
Ok, I'll ask the 'big' question once, and please don't repeat the confusing flurry mesh of info you gave above: What goes into this black box, and what is the expected output? (IOW, what is it to be used for)
--- End quote ---
That's the point.
-Contro (February 09, 2020, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, all that you have done is what I explicitly asked not to do: You've added a mishmash of unrelated and useless words that say absolutely nothing about the issue you are trying to resolve. And on top of that you even used 3 posts to do that... >:(
To add insult to injury, you talk about using ahk to do something for you because Excel is 'too big' for you (to handle?).
What kind of help are you expecting?

Contro:
@Contro:
--- End quote ---
That's the point.
-Contro (February 09, 2020, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, all that you have done is what I explicitly asked not to do: You've added a mishmash of unrelated and useless words that say absolutely nothing about the issue you are trying to resolve. And on top of that you even used 3 posts to do that... >:(
To add insult to injury, you talk about using ahk to do something for you because Excel is 'too big' for you (to handle?).
What kind of help are you expecting?
-Ath (February 09, 2020, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think you are angry.
I expect simple help.
It's not my intention to make you angry.
It's not the first time, so I ask you why you like to post in my posts ?. I assume you have good reasons, but I don't understand why you want me to think in the way you do.

This is a help forum. Let someone help me please.
 :P :-*

Ath:
I'm trying to help solve issues/questions, because that is what I like to do, but with your questions/issues the hardest part is not finding the solution, but to get you to write down only the facts that are involved in the issue, and the exact result you want to achieve. Often you are adding a lot of words that have nothing to do with the issue, making it nearly impossible to help.

I'll retry to get the facts clear, please give consise answers to these questions:

* What is the input? Currently I suspect there is an Excel file with several sheets
* Do all sheets have the same columns/data?
* Can you provide a sample file?
* What is the output you need?
* All sheets combined into a single sheet in a new file?
* All sheets combined into a new sheet in the current file?
* All sheets combined into the first sheet in the current file?
* All sheets should remain in the file?
* All sheets from sheet 2 should be deleted?

IainB:
Interesting...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version