topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SOC hardware modeling with SystemC  (Read 5928 times)

wnitzan

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SOC hardware modeling with SystemC
« on: February 23, 2020, 05:45 PM »
I designed a template for System-on-a-Chip (SOC) hardware modeling, using the SystemC library.
I also wrote a utility library, that provides extra functionality for such simulations.

diagram.png

This is an example of an untimed simulation of 3 modules: Master, Producer and Consumer.
The Master programs the Producer to send a given number of packets to the Consumer, and the Consumer to expect that many packets from the Producer. Once the Consumer received the said packets, it sends a Done signal to the Master, which then either repeats the cycle or ends the simulation.

Small as it is, this example demonstrates:
1. The use of blocking events and blocking interfaces to control "hardware" modules.
2. The definition of memory addressable registers with the use of generic base classes for Register and Field, and
3. The control of debugging print-out messages via command line options and/or a simple text file.

I built this on Linux, using non-recursive Makefiles, but any other building method and OS should work too.
I posted a description of this work, and a downloadable ZIP file with all the code on:
https://socmodeling.weebly.com

I hope you find this useful!