ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread

<< < (17/25) > >>

tomos:
I'm not sure why it wouldn't obey the start at startup, option, but I will check.
I have noticed that the new beta is much SLOWER to start, which I have to check out.
-mouser (March 04, 2020, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
FWIW on windows 7 does start on reboot, but very slow as you say

On another note:
sometimes clips are not pasted properly -- a previous clip is pasted. When I look in the Quick-paste list, the correct clip shows top of the list (and pastes correctly when I select it). Has happened a few times (and I'm not using CHS intensively). Will keep an eye out to see if it happens again and if I notice anything in common with the instances.

mouser:
Updated with various improvements; support for proper handling of special Metafile data formats. The clipboard format interrogator also now lets you copy single formats to the clipboard -- useful for testing.

tomos:
Updated with various improvements; support for proper handling of special Metafile data formats. The clipboard format interrogator also now lets you copy single formats to the clipboard -- useful for testing.
-mouser (March 09, 2020, 01:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wanted to report that CHS is making duplicate clips from html text copied twice or more e.g. from the forum -- this is resolved with latest release. The clips are recognised as duplicates and only one copy shown on quick-paste list.
:up:

Copying the same vector clip twice is *not* recognised as duplicated clip. When I have some time I will try and look at what you suggest (just copying one format at a time).

mouser:
Copying the same vector clip twice is *not* recognised as duplicated clip.
--- End quote ---

My *guess* is that this is because there is some data in one of the formats that is changing -- probably because of a time stamp.
The solution in that case will be some advanced rule to ignore a certain format (or just ignore its hash value).

The trick will be to look at the hash values of the formats in those two vector clips that look identical.  Let me know what you find.

mouser:
Just uploaded a minor update with new feature in the Clipboard Blob Interrogator: You can now right click on a format and save that one format to a file.  Useful for debugging formats and comparing formats, etc.

I think you'll find when you do that, that the two "seemingly" identical clips actually have some (inconsequential) differences.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version