ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread

<< < (12/25) > >>

djMot:
Could we get some scroll bars on the HTML Source preview tab? (and any other tab that doesn't have them)  Thanks.

I am also seeing duplicate clips, although I'm not sure it's all that big of a deal.  Would be nice to get it collapsed down into one, though.  OR, does the grid control you're using support multi-level (aka grouped) entries?  If so, you could put clips that have multiple captures in an expandable row. 

Example duplication:

Awesome updates so far!  THANK YOU for the effort and all the new features!   8)

mouser:
Can you see if the duplicate clips have identical clob hash values?
I see the hashes are different.  But now with the new Clip Blob interrogator you should be able to view both blobs with hashes for each format and see WHERE they differ.  If they only differ in a format chunk that is irrelevant, I will soon have options that let you ignore those formats.

djMot:
Yes, the blob hash values are all different.

Here's an interesting twist.  After I posted the last screenshot, two more of the exact same clip showed up out of nowhere spaced a couple of minutes from the original two.   :huh:

djMot:
Can you see if the duplicate clips have identical clob hash values?
I see the hashes are different.  But now with the new Clip Blob interrogator you should be able to view both blobs with hashes for each format and see WHERE they differ.  If they only differ in a format chunk that is irrelevant, I will soon have options that let you ignore those formats.
-mouser (February 21, 2020, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah okay.  Is the blob interrogator in there yet, or is that yet to come?

mouser:
Could we get some scroll bars on the HTML Source preview tab?
--- End quote ---
yep, done.

Is the blob interrogator in there yet, or is that yet to come?
--- End quote ---
it's there, in view menu.

Here's an interesting twist.  After I posted the last screenshot, two more of the exact same clip showed up out of nowhere spaced a couple of minutes from the original two.
--- End quote ---

Ok I see these have different hashes, so the contents of the seemingly duplicate clips are different.  See my reply above about this, and go into the blobs with the blob interrogator and let us see which formats are different...

I have noticed that MS excel this can happen also -- its happening maybe because these MS Office apps are doing something strange.. perhaps copying to the clipboard in two separate events in quick succession, for some reason I don't understand.  Or perhaps CHS is trying to read the clipboard before the app finishes with it..

Here's something that may fix it.  I've added a new option to increase the delay between the triggering of a clipboard event and CHS acting on that trigger, so that 2 quick success triggers will only result in the final capture:

As I said earlier, the other fix which will be available in a future version of CHS will be if the clips are duplicates except for a one or two irrelevant data formats, to mark those formats as IGNORE or IGNORE-FOR-PURPOSES-OF-CALCULATING-UNIQUE-HASH.

Other possible solutions would be: Having a list of applications that CHS should increase delay-before-capture behavior, or some kind of smart process to overwrite the previous clip when the subsequent one happens in super fast succession.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version