ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread

<< < (10/25) > >>

mouser:
The vector clips from Freehand shown here are identical:
--- End quote ---

Ok, so what you are saying is you copied something multiple times, and CHS is not figuring out that the clips are identical and should be regarded as duplicates?
I noticed this happening in firefox too, but as you point out, the hashes were different, so I'm guessing that their is something in the blob data that is NOT identical, like perhaps a timestamp.

The solution to this is:

* 1. Live with it and don't worry about having duplicate clips in such a case since it won't happen too often.
* 2. Wait for rules that would let you ignore blob items irrelevant to the content, which could solve your problem if the timestamp (or whatever) is not the main vector content.
* 3. I may add display of hash values for the individual format chunks in a blob so you could ID which one is changing..
I'll also try to add a better caption in the quick paste menu for blob data that has no text.
It might be nice to have a hex viewer dialog you could bring up for blob contents so you could actually see the raw contents of the blob data for this kind of debugging.

mouser:
Updated with some fixes.  No more blank captions on quick-paste popup if a clip has no text or image.
Grabbing urls when copying from web pages is now done by looking at the html source content (and saved in Notes field of clips); in addition to being more robust it captures much faster and solves the slow firefox capture in previous versions.

I'd appreciate testing on more web browsers to see if there are any where CHS can't capture the urls. (i have tried firefox, ie, and chrome).

tomos:
Ok, so what you are saying is you copied something multiple times, and CHS is not figuring out that the clips are identical and should be regarded as duplicates?
I noticed this happening in firefox too, but as you point out, the hashes were different, so I'm guessing that their is something in the blob data that is NOT identical, like perhaps a timestamp.

The solution to this is:

1. Live with it and don't worry about having duplicate clips in such a case since it won't happen too often.
    2. Wait for rules that would let you ignore blob items irrelevant to the content, which could solve your problem if the timestamp (or whatever) is not the main vector content.
    3. I may add display of hash values for the individual format chunks in a blob so you could ID which one is changing..
-mouser (February 19, 2020, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
not currently a problem for me (and probably wont be in the future), but for reference, here I compare two blobs -- more different than I thought...

Clipboard Help+Spell Extended Clipboard Format Data Discussion Thread

tomos:
1,2,4-9 and A are all image files copied from dopus, shown below (21=1, etc)
-tomos (February 19, 2020, 08:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
can anyone comment about images: am I misunderstanding how that works? Can I not simply copy an image file?
@mouser, still nothing shown in most recent alpha for images as per screenshots in quoted post

tomos:
[Request / rambling thoughts]

nice would be the ability to name image (and vector) clips. Could e.g. then be saved in favourites with clarity as to what exactly it is (often not clearly visible in thumbnail).

Can we actually *stop* image thumbnails showing in the quick-paste menu /sub-menus? Just curious -- I believe I would mostly reuse vector clips from the favourites and would be happy enough to not be able to see thumbnails if they have relevant titles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version