ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Home Mini - Is yours as useless as mine?

<< < (2/2)

Deozaan:
Is that someone perhaps in the preview program from Google?

Just reading on a Dutch tech news website that people with a Google Home device are experiencing problems with their devices, if they are in the preview program.
-Shades (January 28, 2020, 01:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think so. I'm not aware of any preview program. Maybe that's a regional thing?

When you say that you disabled them in Google Home- are they getting enabled there?  Or each time, you're enabling and disabling them?
-wraith808 (January 28, 2020, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what the settings are at currently. When it stops working and the content filters are disabled, we go in and enable them (to be as permissive as possible). When it stops working again and they are enabled, we go in and disable them. Sometimes the changes help. Sometimes they don't. So there's a lot of turning them off and on and off and on again until finally it starts working, only to repeat the process a couple days later when it breaks.

But yes, these settings are being changed from within the Google Home app on Android.

O My GOD !
It is already happening !!
Machine are turning intelligent !!!
-anandcoral (January 28, 2020, 04:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

"I'm sorry, Deozaan. I can't do that right now."

Though I wouldn't exactly classify this behavior from the device as intelligent. ;)

Speaking of which. . .

No I do not know the solution, but may be slap on the head will tell it who is the Boss.
-anandcoral (January 28, 2020, 04:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
No luck. I slapped my head but it had no effect on the Mini.
-cranioscopical (January 28, 2020, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe you just didn't try hard enough, or enough times. Don't give up now! Give it everything you've got!

cranioscopical:
Maybe you just didn't try hard enough, or enough times. Don't give up now! Give it everything you've got!
--- End quote ---

You were right, exerting mighty force at least produced the sound of bells; my ears are ringing.

anandcoral:
--- End quote ---

You were right, exerting mighty force at least produced the sound of bells; my ears are ringing.
-cranioscopical (January 28, 2020, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
:Thmbsup: :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version