topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: back up restore question  (Read 4447 times)

phoenix1971

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
back up restore question
« on: February 19, 2020, 06:15 PM »
every so often my launchbar crashes,and when i restart it all it shows is a basic bar as in brand new,is there any reason its dong this and how do i restore the info i have for the bar,otherwise i would have to re do everything yet again,thanks in advance

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: back up restore question
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 06:19 PM »
That shouldn't be happening -- I'd like to find out why and fix it.  It sounds unacceptable.

But whats most likely happening is not that its losing your data but that it's forgetting what launch bar FILE you had open last.

So go to the options and choose from the File menu to open your launchbar file..

If the program is crashing on you please do tell me anything you can about what seems to be causing the crash -- you shouldn't have to worry about that happening.

phoenix1971

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: back up restore question
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 06:23 PM »
thanks for that ,and ive tried to open the bar file and it just shows the same bar, and as to the reason i couldnt tell you,i always try and close everything down before i unplug the usb drive,and its done it a few times now.