ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What was a great program that's now been forgotten?

<< < (13/14) > >>

irkregent:
Synchronize It! and Compare It! - superb GUI design, I still use them to this day for small simple jobs - one can still buy them, they still work, but unfortunately not upgraded for many many years. Synchronize It! can even copy sparse files, which is extremely rare.
-brahman (May 31, 2022, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I still use "Compare It!" for source code comparisons.  For me, the killer feature is the ability to recognize the syntax of a rather obscure programming language (Progress' OpenEdge ABL) by downloading a syntax definition file written for some other text editor (I forget which one now).

wraith808:
Synchronize It! and Compare It! - superb GUI design, I still use them to this day for small simple jobs - one can still buy them, they still work, but unfortunately not upgraded for many many years. Synchronize It! can even copy sparse files, which is extremely rare.
--- End quote ---

Have they been forgotten? I thought they were still being sold? I use them all the time.

https://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm

irkregent:
--- End quote ---

Have they been forgotten? I thought they were still being sold? I use them all the time.

https://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm
-wraith808 (June 01, 2022, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe it is more like not getting the love they deserve!

Ath:
--- End quote ---
I've been a licensed used for, AFAIR, over 20 year, and still use it at least a couple times a month, and sometimes even on a daily basis. Best compare tools ever :Thmbsup:

Joe Hone:
Cool Edit Pro. It was the leading audio production software up until Adobe bought it from Syntrillium in 2003 and renamed it Audition 1.0. Then Adobe tampered with it and released Audition 1.5 which was plagued with problems. CEP is so stable that I visited a radio station in New Market Virginia in 2019 and that was still using it for radio production. I assume that was on a PC running Windows XP but I didn't ask about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version