ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What was a great program that's now been forgotten?

<< < (8/14) > >>

Chris:
To store contacts, telephone numbers, addresses etc I still use PSA Cards. https://psa-cards.software.informer.com/
I registered the program years ago but is no  longer available or supported.

oblivion:
Holy cow that brings back memories. I used it in MCAS Iwakuni, Japan while stationed there in 1988. If you took a few to learn the syntax you could really do things very quickly. Thanks for the memories!
-reynolds_john (March 25, 2020, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
WordStar was awesome for touch-typists. You could do everything without moving your hands away from the home keys. Sure, there was function key support too -- later on, anyway -- but anyone who'd learned it properly could bash out documents faster than anyone working on pretty much any other platform.

DanR:
X-News.

dantheman:
Barca +1 email client (already mentioned) for sure!!  :-*

Digsby IM client (could check most popular ones).

autohost:
I'm still using Powermarks, BrainWave Generator, Jaangle (portable), WinChime, HotBasic, JauntePE, Space Empires III (v 1.17, november 1998), Jasc Image Robot, MangaMeeya, Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, Bekky Mail, Bit Che, Acid View, BiromSoft Calc, NotPad, PolyEdit, TextPad 4, 3D Color Changer, CatFood Fortune Cookies, AXE 3.4, Jazz UPX, Naevius Directory Watcher and WinSpy 1.7.
-YannickDa (March 25, 2020, 05:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh!  I see several here I loved!  WinChime and Paint Shop Pro 7.

I'll add another plug for WordStar.  I used it on my dad's Kaypro II in the mid 80's.

A newer one (early 90's) that I liked was 386Max!  A DOS program, it allowed the user to load memory-resident programs and drivers in the unused memory space between the 640k and 1meg area, so that more of the 640k space was available to regular DOS programs.  It also allowed easy configuration of the memory above the 1meg mark to allow programs to use Extended and/or Expanded memory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version