ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What was a great program that's now been forgotten?

<< < (7/14) > >>

MargotLinda:
This 'ol lady still misses  XP Pro :(!

YannickDa:
I'm still using Powermarks, BrainWave Generator, Jaangle (portable), WinChime, HotBasic, JauntePE, Space Empires III (v 1.17, november 1998), Jasc Image Robot, MangaMeeya, Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, Bekky Mail, Bit Che, Acid View, BiromSoft Calc, NotPad, PolyEdit, TextPad 4, 3D Color Changer, CatFood Fortune Cookies, AXE 3.4, Jazz UPX, Naevius Directory Watcher and WinSpy 1.7.

tomgee88:
Lotus 123, the best spread sheet I ever used when working 30+ years ago.

oblivion:
Lotus 123, the best spread sheet I ever used when working 30+ years ago.
-tomgee88 (March 25, 2020, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
I liked CA SuperCalc better -- for what little it's worth. Similar in many ways but SuperCalc had something that was just awesome -- it worked out whether what you were typing was a number, text or a formula and just acted accordingly. So the prefixes you had to type in 123 (or pretty much anything else before or since) to identify what you were entering in a cell -- no need. Lovely. :)

reynolds_john:
The one that comes to mind for me is WordStar, a ground breaking word processor from back in the character-mode CP/M & DOS days.  It didn't successfully make the jump to graphical environments.  They got killed by WordPerfect and MS Word.

Pioneered the use of the ESDX 'diamond' for cursor movement (when the Ctrl key was held down).  Way back then keyboards didn't always have dedicated arrow keys.  Made far more sense to me than Vi's HLJK scheme. 

I just threw out an old manual/floppy box from the 80's that I had kept around for nostalgia reasons.
-mwb1100 (January 24, 2020, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Holy cow that brings back memories. I used it in MCAS Iwakuni, Japan while stationed there in 1988. If you took a few to learn the syntax you could really do things very quickly. Thanks for the memories!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version