ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

VirusTotal marking each and every AutoHotKey exe as Virus !!

<< < (4/5) > >>

BGM:
Since the stuff AHK is able to do it should stay permanent as a virus/trojan/alert.
-KodeZwerg (January 20, 2020, 06:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
That is the case with any and all programming languages.

Nod5:
Incorrect AV warnings against compiled AutoHotkey programs suck. It has been like this on and off for a long time. Not much individual coders can do about that I think. Something needs to change in the AV sector. But it probably won't.

anandcoral:
Total Commander download page show below,

VirusTotal marking each and every AutoHotKey exe as Virus !!

Look like we will have to live with it and show something similar in our download pages.  :(

Regards,

Anand

BGM:
Just for giggles, I took a look at my Systemus program in PE Studio.

It was marked as a trojan by 36 of 73 authourities via VirusTotal.
However, look who marked it clean:
Kaspersky
Malwarebytes (and I did this test myself, too)
Avast
ClamAV
and a few others.

Interesting!  Just thought I'd give the non-false-positive credit to those guys.

tomos:
Firefox, using what they call "Google Safe Browsing" is blocking the AHK download page (https://www.autohotkey.com/download/1.1/) with warnings, here one:

www.autohotkey.com has been reported as containing harmful software. You can ignore the risk and go to this unsafe site.
--- End quote ---
also
The site ahead may contain harmful programs
Firefox blocked this page because it might try to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit).
--- End quote ---

I didnt find much online and nothing on that google page about reporting false positives. I'm presuming the site hasn't been hacked -- I downloaded more recent version 1.1.32.00 and it is no threat according to MSE.  EDIT// sorry bout that: there was no content in the zip file I scanned :-/ will look elsewhere for a portable version... //EDIT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version