ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Saves rotated 180 degrees and in greyscale. Why?

(1/3) > >>

mrPilloft:
Hi! Have been searching hi/lo and can't find the answer to this one. If I take screenshot of a horse (!), in SC it ends up saved rotated 180 degrees and in greyscale. In the editor it's still in color. If I save another version of it, it's still rotated/greyscale. I've tried the 'Post-Capture Options' > 'Grey outside Active Window' both on and off. No difference. Where are these settings set and how to turn them off?
Saves rotated 180 degrees and in greyscale. Why?

mrPilloft:
Found another unsolved post regarding this: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=47645.0

mouser:
That's normal.. US export law of 1929 requires all horse screenshots to be stored rotated 180 degrees and saved in grayscale.
[the exception is miniature horses and mule-horse halfbreeds, which may be stored as any angle < 90 but must be saved in 32-bit full color]

mouser:
Just kidding of course. Can you give me a screenshot of your Image File Format options tab?  I'm curious if the problem might be related to the compression level or color depth setting..

And a question -- did you take the original screenshot using Screenshot Captor (from a web page for example), OR is the original image from a camera and you are just editing it in Screenshot Captor.

Also, I see you're using an older version of screenshot captor -- can you upgrade your version of Screenshot Captor, and see if the problem remains when you re-save.. If so,

mrPilloft:
Sorry. While you were typing, I solved the problem by shifting back to saving in PNG format. I will however try to recreate the issue. I'm by the way using Win10 and portable version of SC.

To your questions:
1) "Did you take the original screenshot using Screenshot Captor..?" The screenshot of the brown horse is taken by SC... of a Chrome browser window that's behind SC. The screenshot of SC and Chrome was taken with Win10's Snip & Sketch tool (Shift+Win+S)

2) Upgrade! Will do... Thx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version