ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

BUG? Second Past Always As Plain Text

<< < (4/6) > >>

oblivion:
some use it in environments where space is at a premium.
-wraith808 (January 28, 2020, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
For instance, on the encrypted thumbdrive I cart around with me...

djMot:
some use it in environments where space is at a premium.
-wraith808 (January 28, 2020, 09:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
For instance, on the encrypted thumbdrive I cart around with me...
-oblivion (January 28, 2020, 09:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah.  Yeah.  Never thought of thumbdrives.

There again, with a richer set of options, all things should be possible.   :)

mouser:
That said, I do want to point out one glaring problem I see for CH+S, and that is that it seems to be an utterly unknown quantity in the clipboard management field.  Not a single google search result for "clipboard managers" I ran (typically filtered to a year or less) mentioned CH+S.  Clearly a lot of reviewers are missing one of the biggest diamonds out there.
--- End quote ---

I'm convinced that a substantial reason for this is my horrible choice of naming the program.. The "Spell" part of the name is enough to turn people off, thinking it's not a general purpose tool.

I will try to get alternate format clip data added soon. It's time.  It will be an option of course.

Appreciate the encouragement and general positive comments about the program  :Thmbsup:

tomos:
That said, I do want to point out one glaring problem I see for CH+S, and that is that it seems to be an utterly unknown quantity in the clipboard management field.  Not a single google search result for "clipboard managers" I ran (typically filtered to a year or less) mentioned CH+S.  Clearly a lot of reviewers are missing one of the biggest diamonds out there.
--- End quote ---

I'm convinced that a substantial reason for this is my horrible choice of naming the program.. The "Spell" part of the name is enough to turn people off, thinking it's not a general purpose tool.

I will try to get alternate format clip data added soon. It's time.  It will be an option of course.
-mouser (January 30, 2020, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
maybe you should have an official relaunch at that stage with only one name allowed ;-)
( I'd keep it simple, maybe just CHS )

mouser:
Clipboard Captor would be the name I would choose now.. Perhaps with support for multiple formats it can evolve into Clipboard Captor..

Here's a question about clipboard formats.. Do people really care about supporting formats other than richtext format, like internal application formats?  Not sure it matters much -- if I go to the trouble of supporting additional formats I'd probably support them all, with an option to ignore all but plaintext or plaintext+richtext..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version