ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

BUG? Second Past Always As Plain Text

<< < (2/6) > >>

djMot:
In CHS Options | Hotkeys, I have "Paste last clip as plain text" set to Alt-V, and I use that a surprising amount of the time.

I should think this setting would survive even with the addition of keeping the source formatting as a default.

tomos:
In CHS Options | Hotkeys, I have "Paste last clip as plain text" set to Alt-V, and I use that a surprising amount of the time.

I should think this setting would survive even with the addition of keeping the source formatting as a default.
-djMot (January 16, 2020, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
yes, I end up having to use that quite often -- and think it would survive, but if older clips kept formatting it wouldnt work for them. Unless...
(1) there were two clipboards one could call up, one with & one without formatting;
or (2) there was one clipboard displayed and, say, Alt+[Number] pasted the relevant clip *with* formatting, while just the number would paste as plain text.

mouser:
Right now when you use the quick paste menu you can right-click on a clip to get additional options for pasting and other actions, so you could always use that.. And of course there would be an option to only ever store plaintext clips.

djMot:
In a perfect world:

* source formatting would be retained always.
* pasting with source formatting would be the default always (because that was what was actually copied).
* alternative paste formats would be available via hot key and/or right-click options.

imho.

wraith808:
In a perfect world:

* source formatting would be retained always.
* pasting with source formatting would be the default always (because that was what was actually copied).
* alternative paste formats would be available via hot key and/or right-click options.

imho.
-djMot (January 17, 2020, 07:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

You could also have it as an option to scrub pastes or not.  Many might like the default to be plain text.  That's the way a few other clipboard managers handle it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version