ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Legally Buy & Download Music Easily - Is it even possible any more?

<< < (3/6) > >>

KynloStephen66515:

So, I may be dragged kicking and screaming into the 'truly' digital age (paying monthly), but I'm quite not there yet ;-)
-tomos (January 10, 2020, 04:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not entirely sure on the legalities, but maybe it would be easier to buy the track you want and then just torrent a high-quality version of the track to use as you wish? (If you're bothered about legalities, then you should probably check that haha).

As for the digital age stuff - HMV (A huge music store here in the UK) just announced a lot of physical store closures owing to 50% the fact people mainly stream now (especially here in the UK where unlimited 4/5G is pretty cheap (I pay £10/month for unlimited everything including tethering), and 50% because business rates just wipe out most of their profits and they can't afford to keep stores open with so few customers now.

KynloStephen66515:
I also found this on Google...dunno if they have what you want though (either the track choices or quality..or price): https://mp3caprice.com

tomos:
I also found this on Google...dunno if they have what you want though (either the track choices or quality..or price): https://mp3caprice.com
-Stephen66515 (January 10, 2020, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
@ an average of $1.50 per album, I suspect it's not legit

wraith808:
Not entirely sure on the legalities, but maybe it would be easier to buy the track you want and then just torrent a high-quality version of the track to use as you wish? (If you're bothered about legalities, then you should probably check that haha).

-Stephen66515 (January 10, 2020, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just because it might be legal, finding the torrent can be fraught with other problems, not least of these is the fact that others don't know that it's legal, and dealing with lawyers if you're unfortunate enough to be caught up in something related to downloading the torrent isn't the most pleasant thing.

(Oh, I wasn't pirating.  I was just downloading an archive track of something that I purchased off of X store...)

Yeah... I know I wouldn't use that as an alternative.

KynloStephen66515:
-Stephen66515 (January 10, 2020, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
@ an average of $1.50 per album, I suspect it's not legit
-tomos (January 11, 2020, 03:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

From their "Terms":

9. Legal Aspects
9.1. All titles and soundtracks are posted on the mp3caprice.com Website under relevant agreements with entities involved with collective management of copyright and related rights.

--

Of course, anybody could type those words and it not be true, but it seems possible to be legitimate and after a (albeit quick) search around, I can't find anything to really suggest they aren't legitimate tbh.  I'd never heard of them before yesterday, however, but that is more likely because I've never wanted to buy single tracks or albums online lol.  Even my favourite bands don't usually have more than a few tracks on an album that I actually enjoy so I usually just stream.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version