ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Legally Buy & Download Music Easily - Is it even possible any more?

<< < (2/6) > >>

tomos:
I know all the arguments for, Stephen, it's just not what I want. Hence this thread...
Unfortunately there's almost no alternatives (to amazon) -- and seemingly none that are better. I guess eventually they'll all want to phase out actual purchase of music so monthly payments will be the only option.

4wd:
No experience of it and I doubt whether it's any better on Android but I thought iTunes, (or whatever it's called now), allowed you to purchase individual tracks for download?
The only problem being their software you have to use to get at it in the first place.

Other than that the only ones I know of are localised and as such have relatively small catalogues, eg. https://www.zdigital.com.au/

Which is the Australia site of 7digital, eg. https://de.7digital.com/ (you need to shop your local site).

tomos:
Thanks 4wd, de.7digital.com has some nice stuff too -- every bit helps.
Amazon does allow you to buy tracks/albums and download, but (especially on android / as opposed to on PC) they do steer you towards not downloading, and having to use their music app. I can and will continue to workaround these factors. Was just hoping there might be something better/easier.

Illegally downloading is probably a much better experience :-/
But I'll stick with paying...

KynloStephen66515:
Thanks 4wd, de.7digital.com has some nice stuff too -- every bit helps.
Amazon does allow you to buy tracks/albums and download, but (especially on android / as opposed to on PC) they do steer you towards not downloading, and having to use their music app. I can and will continue to workaround these factors. Was just hoping there might be something better/easier.

-tomos (January 10, 2020, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Buy the track from Amazon...download a rip from YouTube...you bought a copy anyway so it should be covered under "fair use".

Bit of an ass ache to do it that way but if you want the artist to get some money for your download...gives you a way to do it a bit easier ^_^

tomos:
-tomos (January 10, 2020, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Buy the track from Amazon...download a rip from YouTube...you bought a copy anyway so it should be covered under "fair use".
-Stephen66515 (January 10, 2020, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
thanks Stephen,
with Amazon I can download on PC -- I can also set amazon music android app to auto-download, it's just they hide the music and make it difficult for me get to it so as I can play it with something other than the amazon music app. I've done it before and can figure out how to do it again (must record it this time...). So that's doable. Quality is amazon mp3.

I'm not a seriously hifi kind of guy, but I still like being able to rip my CD's to top quality files. And dislike paying for such a pita service that amazon offers. These days I find more and more music that is only available digitally cause it new, or no longer available as CD. So, I may be dragged kicking and screaming into the 'truly' digital age (paying monthly), but I'm quite not there yet ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version