ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2020

NANY 2020: ISMONISM - search Start Menu (or any folder) for 'missing' entries

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
Bugreport:
If launched from it's portable directory manually, it finds the settings file properly.
But if I (or in this case ISMONISM) creates a shortcut in the start menu, then when launched from the start menu I think it must be looking elsewhere for its settings file, and it starts with default settings.

Winkie:
Bugreport:

* Besides .exe files, also .e and .ex extensions are found, and, after adding com to the list of extensions, also .c (and probably .co) files are listed. I'd expect these extensions to match exactly, and .e or .ex files are not executable files, AFAICS.-Ath (January 03, 2020, 05:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, should have known that. Partial extension matching fixed.

* On the settings pages, one button has the caption 'Edit focused' and another 'Remove selected'. IMHO, 'focused' should be replaced by 'selected', as focused is a seldom used term in this context.-Ath (January 03, 2020, 05:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm, not 'fixed'. You can select more than one row in the ListView and then remove them in one go. With edit you can only do that for one row at a time (the last clicked row, which has the focus...). IMHO there need to be a distinction. Suggestions are welcome for other wording.

BTW, there are bugs with edit (for folders: add instead of edit; it works on an empty ListView). Fixed.

Bugreport:
If launched from it's portable directory manually, it finds the settings file properly.
But if I (or in this case ISMONISM) creates a shortcut in the start menu, then when launched from the start menu I think it must be looking elsewhere for its settings file, and it starts with default settings.
-mouser (January 03, 2020, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed,

--- Code: Autohotkey ---SetWorkingDir, %A_ScriptDir%
Next I'm going to work on the 'not automatically start searching when launched'-thing, then I'll release a version which includes above fixes.

Winkie:
The joy of seeing a screenshot of something you made in your news reader:
ISMONISM is (also) the favorite of Martin Brinkmann at gHacks.  :o :o :o

Winkie:
Release: ISMONISM v0.4.0 (2020-01-04)
  - [Change] Not start search automatically.
  - [Add] Button to start search.
  - [Add] Option to start search automatically.
  - [Add] Option to start maximized.
  - [Add] Keyboard shortcuts (see menu).
  - [Change] Re-order GUIs and menu for the above.
  - [Bug fix] Partial file extension matches. (Thank you Ath)
  - [Bug fix] Edit folders in settings GUI.
  - [Bug fix] Not always checking own folder for settings. (Thank you mouser)

mouser:
Nice  :up: :up: :up:

Working well here  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version