ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Staff rotation tool

(1/6) > >>

lanux128:
i'm looking for a tool that will allow me to schedule volunteers for a task, which is quite mundane, therefore needs orderly rotation to avoid any *unpleasantries*... ;)

this is what it needs to do:
1. from a pre-defined list, assign one person a day for 5 days of the week. (Mon-Fri)
2. if the person is not available, then skip to the next person, the rest moving up a notch automatically.
3. allow members to change their assigned day among themselves.
4. take into account any holidays (also pre-defined) and blank-out that particular date.
5. able to schedule for a month ahead, if possible.
6. if the list can be printed or even output to a text file, then even better.

basically that's it. i have tried out several scheduling/calendar programs but this feature is not be seen. i have also tried several Excel templates recommended to me but they are not as interactive as i'd like them to be.. so, i'm hoping to find a solution here among the DC community. don't worry, there's definitely some DC credits in it. :Thmbsup:

mouser:
this sounds like it might be made into a general "chore" scheduling program for families.. but it also sounds like a job for delphi/c++ builder or maybe a web app, rather than something like ahk..

lanux128:
this sounds like it might be made into a general "chore" scheduling program for families..-mouser (August 23, 2006, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
that's why i'm surprised that it has not been implemented in scheduling programs, the ones that i have looked, anyway...

tinjaw:
lanux128,

Are you still looking for this? Do you still have the need? I saw your posting in the N.A.N.Y. thread, but wasn't sure if you just pointed it out our if you still have the need for it.

lanux128:
yes tinjaw, i still need a program for this.. :)

actually i was hoping that you'd pick up this project. that's why i posted in N.A.N.Y thread, also the fact that you're the winner of Visual Studio 2005.

Congrats! :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version