ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sagelight Image Editor v4 returns as Pay-What-You-Want

(1/4) > >>

4wd:
After being kind of dead for awhile it seems Sagelight is once more under development:

From the blog, (first post in 5 years):
SAGELIGHT IS BACK — AND ITS FREE

After a long hiatus, Sagelight editor is back.

Version 4 is now free, which is something I’ve wanted to try for a long time — give away Sagelight (or a version of it) and see of the pay-what-you-want/donation model can work enough to support Sagelight.  I’m looking at a donation model for version 4, and it would be great if it works.

I am currently writing Version 5 (which is about 70% completed), which has a lot of new changes, including a newly-revamped UI about which I am excited.

If you are a previous owner of Sagelight, download this version as an update.  It’s exactly the same except for the bug fixes and a few changes.

Rob
--- End quote ---

Sagelight can be downloaded from the main website: Sagelight Image Editor

After installation it has the version number 4.4h (b) which is the last paid version I have, (from 2013).

ADDENDUM: For an insight into what the author had to cope with during the time development was halted I recommend you read his forum post.

Dormouse:
Just glad he could deal with the important things without Sagelight being a burden.

Still have fond memories, but never thought there was any chance of it resurfacing. They were the days when I didn't have to worry about glare! Be interesting to see what it does now, though I'll have to take time working out what computer to use it on. Or setting a  computer up to use it on.

brahman:
It used to be a great editor. I bought a version before, but cannot remember which, in fact I don't have any documentation about it any more.

i think I will give it a try again.

cranioscopical:
Rob certainly knows his stuff when it comes to image manipulation/enhancement.

flamerz:
thanks, i own the v4 version but I go to support him with donation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version