ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Sagelight Image Editor v4 returns as Pay-What-You-Want

<< < (3/4) > >>

4wd:
Just a FYI the bigger amount he most likely means, but that does make it a little confusing.-hamradio (December 22, 2019, 03:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Could be the opposite since the higher amount seems to be an earlier post, ie. v5 70% complete as opposed to 75% for the lower amount.
A lower amount to get in more donations and hopefully cover all his time and effort.

Costs nothing to have him clarify it.

EDIT: Left him a message querying the discrepancy.

oblivion:
Just seen this thread.

I bought Sagelight back in 2011 -- had no idea it was so long ago! -- and it's still my favourite image editor. I'd given up on ever seeing it updated and was slowly coming to terms with the prospect of having to find a worthwhile replacement, so this is great news. But what poor Rob had to go through in the hiatus -- had no idea. :(

4wd:
If you purchased Sagelight under the Lifetime Licence deal he had, it will be respected for future versions.

Regarding the apparent discrepancy between $5 and $10 mentioned by @hamradio:
http://www.sagelighteditor.com/discussion/thread-3-post-34.html#pid34

gjdgjd:
Occasional user of Sagelight - have a legitimate version of v4.4 - needed to reinstall - won't register (probably not surprising as it's now free). So I downloaded the free version - and it simply shuts down after opening an image - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 20H2 - tried compatibility modes when installing and when running exe - simply won't run. Tried to make a donation - refused. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to make my paid version run past the trial period? Anyone have any suggestions about making the free version run? Anyone successfully donated? I am about to give up on it - which would be a shame.

Dormouse:
I notice that Rob hasn't signed in to his forum since February. So another protracted disappearance. I also notice that his new forum only ever gained 41 registered users, including you - might have been a bit dispiriting when he'd put the effort in to setting it all up again. It's very sad because there will be reasons for it and it's great software - but no way you can rely on it being supported or updated.

That said, I took the risk and downloaded the free version - which did work as it should (W10, no compatibility modes). So I've got no idea why it wouldn't work for you. I'd suggest that you uninstall the program and hunt down and clean any vestiges of previous installs and then install the free version again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version