ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Share your 2019 Top Ten Lists! - My Top 10 Board Games of 2019

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
Maybe we can all share our own personal Top 10 lists.

Here's one from me, my top 10 board games from 2019.  These weren't all *released* in 2019, but they were my favorite games I discovered and played in 2019:

10.Japiur: 2 player competitive card game; fast and clever
9. Fox in the Forest: 2 player competitive trick taking card game; fast and clever
8. Cahoots: 2-4 player (best with 2) cooperative card game, fast and easy and relaxing
7. Escape Tales the Awakening: Long escape room game with a dark story
6. Aeon's End Legacy: Legacy cooperative deck-building game (best with 2)
5. Rise of Queensdale: Legacy competitive non-take-that board game
4. Orleans: Brilliant competetive bag-building game with medieval art
3. Pandemic World Tour: Not a single game; we made a check list of every pandemic (coop board game) variant and played them
2. 7th Continent: Cooperative exploration board game with best sense of exploration of any board game
1. Chronicles of Crime: A masterpiece mystery-solving cooperative board game

mouser:
Anyone else??

Shades:
My personal problem is finding people that like to play board games.

The follow-up problem is that only a sub-set of the really old "classics" are readily available here in stores. So, board games as a whole have a pretty bad name, which you are more or less forced to play with your grand parents.

Getting good, alternative board games like the the ones you play are difficult and expensive to come by here in PY. Customs slap tariffs on items as high as they think they can get away with. Which is why companies like Amazon do not ship to this country. And the alternative circuits are slow and expensive, so 90% of people don't bother to go through such a hassle for board games.

However, I have experiences with alternative board games, even went to conventions for those and enjoy playing. While I think that people here would hardly need to be persuaded, once they would be exposed to new and good board games, that first step of getting such games here is problematic.

wraith808:
My personal problem is finding people that like to play board games.

-Shades (January 26, 2020, 01:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think Mouser meant any top 10 lists of 2019.

Top 10 books read (in no particular order)

* Story Genius: How to Use Brain Science to Go Beyond Outlining and Write a Riveting Novel
* The Fall of Delta Green
* Lethal Agent
* The Burning White
* Legion
* Hammered
* The Expanse Roleplaying Game
* Servant of the Crown
* False Gods
* Siege of Tilpur

Deozaan:
I think Mouser meant any top 10 lists of 2019.
-wraith808 (January 26, 2020, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then maybe mouser shouldn't have put "Top 10 Board Games" in the title of the post. :D

I'm working on my own Top 10 list now that I know it's not exclusive to board games. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version