ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR V3 Discussion

<< < (7/7)

joes_garage:
How about Launching Windows Apps (Edge, etc)? Will it be in V3 or will it make it to FARR before that? Mouser, you said like 6 months ago that this feature was coming in soon. :-)

mouser:
Yes I am going to add that very soon -- I have a few more minor bugs I need to fix in FARR as well.. I apologize for the delay -- I've just been very busy focusing on the new website upgrade.

IainB:
@joes_garage:
How about Launching Windows Apps (Edge, etc)? Will it be in V3 or will it make it to FARR before that? Mouser, you said like 6 months ago that this feature was coming in soon. :-)
-joes_garage (October 19, 2017, 03:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
I thought it was possible to launch Win10 Apps with FARR already, no?
Apps normally seem to have to be be loaded by the Windows Explorer Shell, which I find to be a pain.
Take MS Edge, for example.
Open the FARR window, Type/paste this string:
      run shell:Appsfolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge
 - into the FARR search box, and then press Enter.
MS Edge will load.

Open the FARR window again, and repeat the type/paste of the string:
      run shell:Appsfolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge
The first search result will be the same string that you just entered previously.
Select this result and Right-Click it, choosing Add to Group Alias, then select New Alias Keyword/Group..
You can then add this as a new alias. (You can call it whatever you want, but I used $Edge)
You will see that FARR will have interpreted and recorded the string slightly differently, as:
      shellexec shell:Appsfolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge

Right-Clicking the same result will now show the newly-added alias in the menu:

(Was this the sort of thing you were looking for?)

RobFreundlich:
Btw, I like the pyhton idea with making plugins, as it should be fast enough for majority of plugin needs, but easy enough for everyone to tackle a plugin or two.
-skajfes (November 18, 2013, 02:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like this, too. I don't know C++ at all, but I do know python (even if it's not my favorite language), so I'd be one of the "everyone" who would tackle a plugin or two. I don't know what they'd be, but I like to tinker  8)

Filipe Meira Castro:
Hello, this is an almost 6 years old tread, but still worth looking at!!
At the end, this is the best app ever  8) 8) 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version