ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mousers Media Browser

Mouser's Media Browser v2 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (12/19) > >>

mouser:
New version uploaded.. let me know what you think!

mouser:
Btw, if people didn't know, Screenshot Captor comes with a "tool" menu item for Mouser's Media Browser, so if you install this program you can trigger it from Screenshot Captor to browse your screenshots more easily.

mouser:
Updated with options for showing a virtual date node for each day of the month.. Might be useful for people with big image collections who want finer grain browsing.

mouser:
A few words about the way that MMB works with large folders.

MMB lets you set a root folder path, and shows the subfolders under it.  You can choose whether clicking on a folder shows the recursive contents of that folder, which can be very useful.

For paths with only a couple hundred images, everything will happen fast enough to not worry about details.

Things become slightly more complicated when you are dealing with folders containing thousands of images.

In this case, clicking on a folder node (or the root folder note), can take several seconds (minutes even) to scan the recursive contents of that folder and all of it's subfolders.

After scanning is complete, exploring and clicking on any of the virtual date folders will NOT trigger a need to rescan the directories, and so should be very fast to drill down into the virtual date folder.

HOWEVER, clicking on a sub-directory currently DOES trigger a re-scan of that subdirectory.  Because of this, drilling down into a subdirectory and then BACK UP to the top node, or refiltering based on keywords, could present some annoying delays.
The benefit of this is that the program is happy for you to jump around without having to first rescan the entire path (aborting the initial scan, etc.)

What I will probably try to add soon, is a feature that will be a little smarter about rescanning -- so that if you have a giant folder you are working with, AND you let it do an initial completed scan of that folder, it will thereafter (on the same run) not have to rescan as you pop in and out of subdirectories.

That may be a little confusing.. To summarize: Each time you click on a subfolder in the DIRECTORY tree, or change the keyword filter, the program rescans that directory; each time you click on a node in the virtual date tree hierarchy, it does not rescan files, it simply filters them to show only those from the matching date.

tomos:
At the moment I'm focused on -- and loving, the virtual date hierarchy.
This does sound great though:What I will probably try to add soon, is a feature that will be a little smarter about rescanning -- so that if you have a giant folder you are working with, AND you let it do an initial completed scan of that folder, it will thereafter (on the same run) not have to rescan as you pop in and out of subdirectories.
-mouser (December 19, 2019, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

As said I'm loving virtual date hierarchy -- finding amazing screenhots of images (older photos mostly) that I made years ago.
Also, for what this is doing, it's really fast :Thmbsup:

I currently have the virtual hierarchy in a narrow column on the left; I increase the size of the thumbnail pane to most of the screen, leaving a small token column on the right for the actual preview/viewer pane.

Reproducible bug:
Using that slider I reduce the size of the thumbnails to below 30. The thumbnails go from showing maybe 25 thumbnails to showing just one image in the pane.

FWIW using keyboard to navigate gets confusing:
when focus is in thumbnail pane, focused file is highlighted blue -- this remains the same when focus is moved elsewhere (via tab key) which makes it difficult to know where one is when nothing else is highlighted. I can see when focus is in the hierarchy -- virtual or real, also when in one of the filter fields and the root but then I lose it and find I have to use the mouse to get back to the thumbnail field.
In fact I dont think I can tab to the thumbnail pane at all(?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version