ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mousers Media Browser

Mouser's Media Browser v2 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (2/19) > >>

mouser:
If you're feeling adventurous you can redownload and try the latest beta, with fast deletes even in huge folders..

tomos:
Sorry, I didnt realise that folder (where I was testing delete) had so many files in it :-/

Delete is now instantaneous (even within large folders) -- there is a quirk in that the actual view of the deleted file remains in the viewer pane until focus is moved to another file.
Those thumbnails now also showing correctly (will report if I get that again)
Good job :up:

mouser:
Delete is now instantaneous (even within large folders) -- there is a quirk in that the actual view of the deleted file remains in the viewer pane until focus is moved to another file.
--- End quote ---

Well that's a bug then, it shouldn't stay in the viewer, so I must be overlooking something..

Can I ask how you are triggering the delete?

mouser:
Try redownloading for latest version (1.09); the new version should detect and remove missing files better.
Let me know if you still find it leaving thumbnails of deleted files.

ps.
The reason I ask how you deleted the files, is that there are essentially two ways to delete files, one is using the Delete key, which tells MMB to handle the deletion; the other is to use the right-click context menu, which let's windows explorer do the deletion; the latter case I wasn't updating the view, but I now am.

ps2.
If the program detects a change in the monitored directories, it has two options.  One is to do a full rescan of the folder(s); this is slow but would detect any changes you make outside the program (renaming, moving files in or out, etc.).  MMB will do this is there are only a few files show (< 100 files).  What I've added now is that if there are > 100 files, and it detects a change in the folders, it will simply rescan your selected images and find any that are now gone.  This should handle most cases, though it does mean that for large directories, if you add files outside the program, you will need to do a File -> Rescan to see them.

mouser:
Tip: Ctrl+R on an image (or set of selected images) will let you rename the image(s) (though the dialog could be improved).
I will improve the rename dialog so it's more convenient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version