ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mousers Media Browser

Mouser's Media Browser v2 - Dec 30, 2019

<< < (19/19)

superboyac:
you should use this opportunity to blow away acdsee.  I've spent much time on these photo viewers, and there is an opportunity here.  I will try this and maybe offer some good feedback.

if you are trying to navigate and view a ton of photos and images, acdsee is the way to go.  Other things like lightroom and stuff are for photographers and are not recommended for just browsing, like this and acdsee.  And even acdsee has had a lot of feature creep.

Acdsee is slow though.  Everything is just kind of sluggish.  That's the only problem really.

Another area that needs improvement is what they call Digital Asset Management.  Basically, a server-client (usually through a web service) application for managing your images.  But again, most of these are so professionally oriented and they suck for browsing.

rjbull:
you should use this opportunity to blow away acdsee.-superboyac (March 05, 2021, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
As I read the OP, it isn't intended for that, but as a fast convenient helper for other programs.  I really like the virtual folders by date, and it's commendably fast.  Mouser's Media Browser has some useful features, but I find it odd that you access them from the thumbnail, rather than the larger image.  Also it calls Windows File Explorer, which is never going to be my favourite file manager.  It would be nice if it could pass the file name+path to whatever file manager (FM) you specified.  Failing that, a very useful feature in Faststone Image Viewer is the ability to press [C] for [Copy an image], and have it pop up a dialog of target directories, see screenshot.  That cuts out a lot of the need for an FM.

Acdsee is slow though.  Everything is just kind of sluggish.-superboyac (March 05, 2021, 09:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Don't overlook that WinCatalog can catalogue image files and store thumbnails.  It's pretty quick at indexing and very fast at displaying and browsing, though again it calls Windows File Manager for file management functions.  The database can be quite large.

Mouser's Media Browser v2 - Dec 30, 2019

markfoley:
Hi, sorry for replying for the first time but this seems to be the thread for the browser.

It's really useful for browsing the autoscreenshotter pics.  I lost some work in an online app, and used this to get a screenshot of it to restore it.  Awesome!

The browser is useful for kind of zooming through your day in fast forward.  However, if I hold down a cursor key to zip through, I want to see something along the lines of a timelapse in the main image window.  Instead, it (for very sensible optimisation reasons) only renders one every so many thumbnails, because the selected thumbnail kind of runs ahead of the big window's ability to render.

My request would be an option along the lines of 'repaint full image every thumbnail navigation'.  Even better would be the ability to hit a little 'play forward' and 'play backwards' button with a speed slider, so you can scan through your day to find where you wrote that email or did whatever.

Thanks for listening!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version