ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paint Shop Pro 7

<< < (4/6) > >>

app103:
What makes you think it is corrupted while 4wd says it works?

The reason I ask is because I used MDF to ISO to convert my PSP8 MDF to an ISO and when I try to mount the ISO it says it is corrupt and can't be mounted. So I decided to bite the bullet and burn the MDF to a CD with ImgBurn and then rip that CD back into an ISO, and I can mount that one without issue.

I'm not sure what I'm using to try to mount it with. It's a context menu that shows up when I right-click an ISO file. It's been there so long I just assume it came with Windows 10. But maybe it comes with ImgBurn or some similar software I have installed.
-Deozaan (February 09, 2020, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have the same option on my context menu, and it didn't work with the PSP7 ISO....It said it was corrupted. Thinking that it might have been an incomplete download, I downloaded it again, and again, and 3X it failed.

I assumed the mounting option came with Win10, too...or perhaps 7zip? I don't have ImgBurn and I don't think any of my burning software added it, since it never showed up before Win10.

Deozaan:
I see. After asking about it here, I tried downloading the PSP 7 ISO and I also get the error that it is corrupted. Maybe Windows 10 or 7-Zip, whichever is adding the option to mount the disc images, isn't quite as useful as DaemonTools, which 4wd says worked with it perfectly.

I also loaded up my Win 10 VM and tried installing all 4 versions, PSP 7, 8, 9, and X. Trying to mount the PSP 7 ISO from VirtualBox also gave me an error. And it seems the CD I have for PSP X requires the serial key when installing it, and the serial I have is an upgrade key that requires a previous version of PSP to be installed. But I pointed it to my PSP 8 installation and then tried to launch PSP X and it said something about the PSP X being corrupt or illegal and it won't launch. I'm guessing that has to do with the activation servers being dead.

So just for the reference of anyone who may have been interested in my PSPX installer, it seems what I have is pretty much useless since it doesn't appear to work. But it was fun to see PSP 8's interface again after so many years. It's hard to believe how foreign it was to me when I used to be fairly comfortable with it. Definitely more complicated than riding a bike. ;)

I also briefly ran PSP 9, which looked almost exactly the same as PSP 8, but the UI looked a little more modern and sleek. And by modern I don't mean the recent trend of making everything flat again like it was during the Windows 95 era. :Thmbsup:

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :)

app103:
I still have the free PSPX installer from this offer, if anyone needs it.  Read the whole thread before deciding if the fuss & bother is worth it, though.

Personally, I'd just stick with Jasc's v7, 8, or 9, instead, and avoid any of the Corel versions.

holt:
I still have the free PSPX installer from this offer, if anyone needs it.  Read the whole thread before deciding if the fuss & bother is worth it, though.

Personally, I'd just stick with Jasc's v7, 8, or 9, instead, and avoid any of the Corel versions.
-app103 (February 10, 2020, 05:02 AM)
--- End quote ---
^It -this offer- is a major headache; I read most of the page and would avoid Corel's PSPX installer like the plague. I'm sticking with Jasc's PSP9, and thank you for the precautionary warning.

Deozaan:
-app103 (February 10, 2020, 05:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Even when PSPX was new, I preferred the older, non-Corel versions of PSP. I think I'll stick with the Jasc version(s) of PSP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version