ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Paint Shop Pro 7

<< < (3/6) > >>

Shades:
You could also mount these images and then use 'Folder2ISO' to create ISO files. Don't let the look from that page fool you, it is useful software if you are creating ISO files from any folder on your computer.

holt:
I successfully downloaded and installed PSP9. It looks like a beautiful install. Many thanks, everyone!  :Thmbsup: 

app103:
Many thanks!  :Thmbsup:  I successfully downloaded and installed PSP9. There doesn't seem to be any way to register for updates.
-holt (February 08, 2020, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

There are no updates. What you have is the fully updated v9, with whatever bug fixes might exist for it. The Jasc servers are long gone, which is why I told you not to try to register it.

Jasc sold the company to Corel 2 months after they released v9, and Corel then released Paintshop Pro X a short time later, and retired all support for Jasc's v9. Corel had no interest in supporting or providing patches for anything that might have been purchased from Jasc, rather than them. It was a money thing. If you want support from Corel, you have to buy a Corel version.

You could also mount these images and then use 'Folder2ISO' to create ISO files. Don't let the look from that page fool you, it is useful software if you are creating ISO files from any folder on your computer.
-Shades (February 08, 2020, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Handy for installing stuff into an OS in VirtualBox, which is my most frequent use for it. (I have a bunch of old 9x games that won't run very well on Win10)  :Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
MDF to ISO - worked for me, might depend on what info was included into the MDF to start with.

No need to install it, the installer can be extracted, (use UniExtract), and the executable directly run.
-4wd (February 08, 2020, 03:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

For some reason it took me 3 tries to get UniExtract to extract the executable properly. But it eventually worked. Thanks for the suggestion. :Thmbsup:

archive.org  has an ISO for it. But I think it might be corrupted.  :(
-app103 (February 07, 2020, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

What makes you think it is corrupted while 4wd says it works?

The reason I ask is because I used MDF to ISO to convert my PSP8 MDF to an ISO and when I try to mount the ISO it says it is corrupt and can't be mounted. So I decided to bite the bullet and burn the MDF to a CD with ImgBurn and then rip that CD back into an ISO, and I can mount that one without issue.

I'm not sure what I'm using to try to mount it with. It's a context menu that shows up when I right-click an ISO file. It's been there so long I just assume it came with Windows 10. But maybe it comes with ImgBurn or some similar software I have installed.

But anyway, if anyone wants or needs the PSP8 or PSPX installation ISOs, I suppose I can provide them now.

I used to really like PaintShop Pro back in the day. But I didn't really like PSPX. These days I mostly use Paint.NET for most of my image manipulations.

holt:
archive.org  has an ISO for it. But I think it might be corrupted.  :(
-app103 (February 07, 2020, 06:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

What makes you think it is corrupted while 4wd says it works?

The reason I ask is because I used MDF to ISO to convert my PSP8 MDF to an ISO and when I try to mount the ISO it says it is corrupt and can't be mounted. So I decided to bite the bullet and burn the MDF to a CD with ImgBurn and then rip that CD back into an ISO, and I can mount that one without issue.

I'm not sure what I'm using to try to mount it with. It's a context menu that shows up when I right-click an ISO file. It's been there so long I just assume it came with Windows 10. But maybe it comes with ImgBurn or some similar software I have installed.

But anyway, if anyone wants or needs the PSP8 or PSPX installation CDs, I suppose I can provide them.

I used to really like PaintShop Pro back in the day. But I didn't really like PSPX. These days I mostly use Paint.NET for most of my image manipulations.
-Deozaan (February 09, 2020, 06:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you, Deozaan.  :Thmbsup:
According to app103, 'Jasc sold the company to Corel 2 months after they released v9, and Corel then released Paintshop Pro X a short time later,'
My installed PSP9 looks almost identical to my former install of PSP7, so it looks like it should be okay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version